Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By qnet
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car dock that works with an OB Defender?

Are there any car docks out there that work with an S3 that has a OB Defender installed? I hate to remove the case just for the car dock. Any suggestions?
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Default Re: Car dock that works with an OB Defender?

I am interested in this too.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

This is the stock Samsung car dock I've have. it's really nice and you can use it with your case. The nice thing is it's universal so you can use it with other phones .

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy ECS-K200BEGSTA Vehicle Dock - Mount - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:
    XChrisX likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    This is the stock Samsung car dock I've have. it's really nice and you can use it with your case. The nice thing is it's universal so you can use it with other phones .

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy ECS-K200BEGSTA Vehicle Dock - Mount - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanks for the heads up, been meaning to check here. I ordered this dock last week from Amazon, and can confirm it does work, plus it comes with a free car charger which was a bonus as well. Totally worth it too btw!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, been meaning to check here. I ordered this dock last week from Amazon, and can confirm it does work, plus it comes with a free car charger which was a bonus as well. Totally worth it too btw!
    Please post link to product and your pics.

The ones I make do and they aren't just a holder, these are actual docks, the video's were done on home page with an Otterbox Defender installed ... mine are more money than other docks but they are also milled aluminum and will most likely adjust to any phone in the future you might get with a bottom micro usb port

I have a ton of video's on my home page of me making these and the actual install video is on the product page its very extensive in details, this one is just a small sample
    Last edited by CraigsDocks; 12-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    CraigsDocks.com
    User Adjustable Docks!
    Fits with Cases and Extended Batteries
    All Metal and Made in the U.S.A.

I've used the Mega Grip mount for 2+ years (mine is plugged into an accessory port and has a micro USB). The Mega Grip mount is totally adjustable (i.e landscape/portrait), IMO this mount works well with any cased phone in the 1 to 1.5 inch thickness range. I highly recommend the product for it's longevity, functionality & support..

Cool Re: Car dock that works with an OB Defender?

I actually have a SG SIII and I use a GripGo mounted on the windshield above the dash. The suction cup as dried up and fallen from the window twice in the last year. The sticky grip gets better with use, used to lose grip a couple times a week. Now maybe once a month. I've been quite impressed with it so far.

Much better then power port mounted docks, which inevitably wear out the power port with over use. I also got sick of the docks which adjust to each side of the phone. It was a pain adjusting them to place and remove the phone every time.

I'd be interested to see how it puts up with larger phones such as the SG Note or a Tablet.