Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cases for the red sgs3?

I just got the red s3 and need a case for it. Any recommendations? Also a few cases I have bought before has scratched the corners of previous phones so I would like a case that wouldn't do that to this one. I must say this phone is gorgeous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Cases for the red sgs3?

The red or black Defender case.

I got the red Samsung folio case. They had it in stock at att and it looked too good to pass up.

Sent from my Red Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Might have to check the folio case out. I did go ahead and buy the white and grey otterbox commuter. I drop stuff a lot plus having kids I need the protection but didn't want to add too much bulk. How about screen protectors?

Go with the incipio silicrylic. Great protection and minimum bulk.

I got the Acase at Amazon: Amazon.com: Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 Case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Red/Black) (Fits AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories Really nice case and a good deal too.. Two layer protection and fits nice and snug. Haven't taken it off and put it back on to see if its just as snug, but I've only had my phone for about 10 days or so, too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I will look at those cases as well. Im sure I will be keeping this phone for a while so I'm going to need a selection to switch it up every once in awhile. I did however receive my otterbox cases today. I have the defender and commuter. Both are very nice. I thought the defender might have been too bulky and rubbery but it's not so bad. I like the commuter as well it was a lot easier to put on than my iPhone was.

got the Otter Box Defender... this thing is like fort knox
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So far my otterbox commuter has saved my phone. It came with a screen protector but I'd recommend a better screen protector this one is already peeling from the sides.

Garnet Red Sgs3

With the OB Defender, you don't have to worry about the screen protector peeling up. It is not HD but it gets the job done.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008FY...7633297&sr=8-3
    The active cases are great... Love the kickstand...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by PanickedAshley View Post
    I just got the red s3 and need a case for it. Any recommendations? Also a few cases I have bought before has scratched the corners of previous phones so I would like a case that wouldn't do that to this one. I must say this phone is gorgeous!

Are you looking for a bulky case or a slim one?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Either would work. I like to change it up.

Garnet Red Sgs3

I have the Otter Box and i freaking hate it. The rubber is all lose now on the sides phone looks dumb in it. Getting a different case tomorrow

I got the A+Case (ACase?) Superleggera Pro Dual Layer protective case for mine. It's a nice, metallic red, but does not match the red of the phone perfectly. It still looks nice though, feels good in my hand and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone

I'm using the best buy platinum series case in garnet red. Really like it and it comes with a belt clip which I clip to my purse so I don't have to dig for my phone.

Sent from Big Red

I have the OB defender and after only two months the silicon is already becoming loose. Same thing happened when I had the defender for the iPhone. Otterbox needs to come up with better designs to keep this from happening. Didn't happen with my Ballistic so I'll be going back to Ballistic.

I use the BodyGlove ToughSuit with the beltclip which is available in either black or grey/white. It has an extreme level of protection (to military spec) and allows either screen in or out beltclip usage. When in the beltclip the phone will stand up vertically on a desk for example. Only thing I don't like is the screen protector which adheres to portions of the screen, not a huge issue but at times a little annoying depending on the ambient light, in bright sunlight it's really bad. You can continually remove the phone from the case to alleviate the problem but it will always reoccur from finger swipes. The best solution would be to use a separate screen protector but owing to the G3's curved screen those are problematic. This case is available either with or without the beltclip. BodyGlove is not as well known a name as Otterbox or Seido but they have excellent quality cases. I used a BodyGlove case on my Captivate and never damaged the phone, after 2 years the case looked as good as when it was new. I considered an Otterbox Defender but when I read the user reviews on their own website something like 27 of 40 users would not recommend the case to a friend and were complaining about the case becoming loose after a short amount of usage. Amazon reviewers overall were dissatisfied with it as well.

Main reason I got the red phone is because I wanted the red phone. When you put a case on it you now have a phone the color of the case. I run the phone naked to show off its redness and put it into a holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, I have a red one too and it does look great naked. In its case you only see the top and bottom of the screen red areas. But I'd never carry a naked phone, too easy for me to drop. Plus the case makes the side buttons much easier to use.