Case recs

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'd like to hear some of your thoughts because I'm looking for a new case.

I have two now, Ballistic sg maxx, and OB defender.

I like the sg maxx thinnes, but don't like how it looks like my dog's bone and the bottom rubber impedes my ability to click the buttons.

I like how solid the OB defender is, but the screen protector allows in dirt, dust and dog hair....

I am looking for a case that is:
As thin or thinner than the sg maxx, OB Commuter, etc
Has the plugs to cover the ports
An option for a holster for walking the dogs or working out and listening to music
Good screen protector or allows me to use ghost armor
Can take a beating or handle a drop or two.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of using ghost Armor and cutting out the OB screen protector or dealing with the maxx as is.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'd like to hear some of your thoughts because I'm looking for a new case.

I have two now, Ballistic sg maxx, and OB defender.

I like the sg maxx thinnes, but don't like how it looks like my dog's bone and the bottom rubber impedes my ability to click the buttons.

I like how solid the OB defender is, but the screen protector allows in dirt, dust and dog hair....

I am looking for a case that is:
As thin or thinner than the sg maxx, OB Commuter, etc
Has the plugs to cover the ports
An option for a holster for walking the dogs or working out and listening to music
Good screen protector or allows me to use ghost armor
Can take a beating or handle a drop or two.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of using ghost Armor and cutting out the OB screen protector or dealing with the maxx as is.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Check out zoogue they're nice and thin and my phone actually bounced in one unscathed lol

Oops nvm I read that you wanted the borts covered. I'd go with a commuter instead of ripping out the screen protector in the defender. I've heard the silicone stretches out around the edges on the one for the s3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Big fan of my Defender. Check out my review on my YouTube channel.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a few and I like the case mate pop case the best. Good protection, easy to get in & out and looks good.

sent from my GSIII from AC Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My son has a Ballistic Maxx on his GS3 that he got today to replace his i4.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Be careful of some of the super thin cases with cutouts for the power and volume buttons. I posted another thread about a problem I had with the Rearth Slim Lite case which fits SUPER snug and when you pry it off the phone, the power button cutout can catch on the button and pop it off.. And it's a small button and would be easy to lose. Once you lose it, you're gonna be out $500 for another phone, so I put my Acase Super Liggera two piece back on and it's all good since the silicone liner covers the button and isn't nearly as snug. Love the Acase also and protects the phone nicely without being so bulky like the Otterbox.. My two cents

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85