Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SenseMonkey
  • 1 Post By nelonez
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Default What Bluetooth headset are you using?

Ive been using my bose wired headset but its combersome to have the wire attached. I rarely have luck with Bluetooth headsets. The receiver of the call always complains that they cant hear me. I recently bought the blue ant Q2 and the feedback from people was that I sounded muffled.

What do you recommend for S3 and please share your experience with it.

Thx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What Bluetooth headset are you using?

The Lg tone 700 Bt headphones. Their both good for music and calls,never once have i been told i couldnt be heard. Their $50. And their really good,they got some kickin' bass cause you can change the sound profile. Mine last me what was stated on their performance,bout 10Hours.

Sent from my S3(:
    Mr Quince likes this.

ROM
    GB 2.3.6

I have had all types of Bluetooth ear pieces; plantronics and Motorola. They were OK, but the best one that I have bought and use is the top of the line BlueAnt. It is the absolute best one out there. I did a lot of research and it paid off. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

I just upgraded to the. S III today and it connected up with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Thanks what model is the top of the line?

I am using the Jawbone ERA and so far it's awesome.

Global Posts
    3,673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Plantronics Voyager Pro. Works like a charm.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I also just got The LG tones, but the newer + 730 version. They're amazing. Convenient, comfortable, and the battery really does last. Highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009A5...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Verizon Sammy GS3

ROM
    Stock

I will second this. I love these things. My only gripe is that the fall off of me when I do any lying down lifts at the gym. My solution so far has been to cross the ear buds so that the cords keep it on, but I wish they had a way of attaching in the front too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Quince View Post
    I also just got The LG tones, but the newer + 730 version. They're amazing. Convenient, comfortable, and the battery really does last. Highly recommend.

LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my Verizon Sammy GS3
    Feature phones > Motorola Q > Palm Pre > Samsung Replenish > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Moto X

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by austinography View Post
    I will second this. I love these things. My only gripe is that the fall off of me when I do any lying down lifts at the gym. My solution so far has been to cross the ear buds so that the cords keep it on, but I wish they had a way of attaching in the front too.
    I hate that too lol,still a pretty cool headset..

Sent from my S3(:

I have a blueant T1. I love it. It can pair to two devices.

Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB

I've been using my mini Bluetooth from my PS3 made by Sony. It's boss! I can stream music to my stereo and when I get phone calls it switches to my headset and back to stereo when finished

Milly

Quote Originally Posted by ronpepper View Post
    I am using the Jawbone ERA and so far it's awesome.
    +1
    Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

I went through the whole research bluetooth headset thing after my BlueAnt T1 went through the wash for the second time. First time it made it. This time is never returned 100%. But, I second the T1 vote earlier if you want a strong headset that doesn't cost much and is discrete. If money is not super critical and you don't care about the BlueTool factor, then I highly highly suggest either the Plantronics Voyager Pro HD or Voyager Legend. I currently own the Legend and it is easily the best headset I've owned of many. The following link is my very brief review on Amazon. But the best feature by far is its smart sensor. Basically, if the headset is on your ear, calls go to it an through it. If it's not on your ear, calls go to the phone. This one killer feature is IMO what really sets them (this and the HD) apart from all others. Throw in the outstanding sound quality on both ends and comfortable fit, and you can't go wrong.
    Good luck.
    Amazon.com: Jeff's review of Plantronics VOYAGER LEGEND Bluetooth Heads...

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    The Lg tone 700 Bt headphones. Their both good for music and calls,never once have i been told i couldnt be heard. Their $50. And their really good,they got some kickin' bass cause you can change the sound profile. Mine last me what was stated on their performance,bout 10Hours.

Sent from my S3(:
    Thats what I use and they sound great...

Mr Quince likes this.
    beh

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Plantronics Voyager Pro and Beats dre solo bluetooth model. Both work beautifully with my S3 for phone calls and the Beats Solo also works extremely well for music from my Tab 10.1 and Tab 2 7". I have also had installed in my vehicle a Kenwood DNX9900HD with hands free phone features which is truly nice when driving long distances as you don't have to have a headset in or over your ears.

Does your bluetooth earpiece play music on your S3? If so, how did you get it to work? My Bose works great for calls, but not audio media.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Y'all are much braver than I. I used a BT headset, briefly, back in the late 90's, but then started thinking about the RF EMR, and after reading some stuff about it, I soon threw it away.

Bluetooth Radiation - just how dangerous is it? | www.electricsense.com

Bluetooth Headset tests & videos

11 Ways to Protect Yourself from Dirty Electricity

Dirty Electricity

Bluetooth Radiation Lets be clear on the dangers

Is Your Smartphone Damaging Your Health?

RF EMR (Radio Frequency - Electromagnetic Radiation, or dirty electricity) does seem like a real hazard, imho. How much so? I don't know. It seems like we're constantly surrounded, these days, with RF EMR, more and more. Unless you're way-way out in the sticks, or not caring a cell phone around, which it seems most people do these days, except for the very elderly or very young.

Anyhoo, the main reason I stopped using a BT headset and carrying my cell phone on a belt clip (back in the late 90's), was that I came to a pointafter reading and perusing through as much research on the subject that I could find, without making it somewhat of a time-consuming research projectthat I realized, again imo, that there simply and plainly hadn't been enough (long-term) research into the affects of BT & RF EMR on human health. Again, I'm no studied or credentialed expert of any kind on the subject, but personally, I just figured why take the possible long-term health risk.

. . . didn't mean to rain on your nice thread, OP. Just seems like it's a worthwhile topic of discussion, and I apologize if there's an actual (health risk of smartphones or bluetooth) thread that I perhaps should have more appropriately posted this in. This stuff just came to mind as I was reading through this thread.

Plantronics m50, Plantronics has some of the best noise cancellation and the higher end models are awesome.

Sent from Big Red

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I used a few different headsets since getting my gs3. The plantronics voyager pro plus has worked the best. FYI...I've had very bad luck with jawbone ( era and icon).
    I drive a diesel truck and have rarely had any sound quality complaints, even with the windows open slightly on the expressway!
    beh

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Since I have the Beats Dre Solo headphones I don't use the Plantronics for music. And with hands-free phone feature in my Kenwood stereo unit I don't even need the earphone. On the S3 and the S4 I simply paired the Plantronics to the phone and then connected the two together. Opened the stock music player and selected a piece of music. No issues. Of course a single earpiece unit doesn't have true stereo and the depth of sound isn't the greatest but certainly better than no music at all.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I use the motorola s305. Its an older model, but it was very affordable. I use it when i work out to listen to music too. i like the features and the look. I also have it paired with my ps3, and it works well. The only problem i have is that i sweat a lot when i work out, so the ear part gets wet.. If i wanna use after i work out to play on my ps3, i have to make sure i dry the easr section with paper towels or something other it get s bit annoying.

Blue parrot headset. Works well with many samsung phones.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben

I bought the Plantronics Voyager (not Pro or Legend) because from what research I did it supposedly has superior noise cancelling abilities. Unfortunately despite numerous user reviews attesting to this it is not the case. Sound quality wise I never have a problem hearing a caller nor have I had any complaint about the caller being able to hear me except that the caller can also hear background noise like the radio or road noise when in my car. I rarely use the phone itself for calls, about 99% of the time I use the earpiece. I don't know that I would recommend the Voyager because of the background noise issue and to the best of my knowledge the Pro HD & Legend models do not have any additional noise cancelling capabilities only more features. I think based on my research I would be tempted to try the top of the line Blue Ant model if I were purchasing a new device today. I'm quite disappointed in the lack of background noise cancelling ability.

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

I use the Plantronics Voyager Pro HD. It is an awesome little headset.. Use it for tons of conference calls on the go, as well as for streaming audio books and the like..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk