What Bluetooth headset are you using?

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using my bose wired headset but its combersome to have the wire attached. I rarely have luck with Bluetooth headsets. The receiver of the call always complains that they cant hear me. I recently bought the blue ant Q2 and the feedback from people was that I sounded muffled.

What do you recommend for S3 and please share your experience with it.

Thx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The Lg tone 700 Bt headphones. Their both good for music and calls,never once have i been told i couldnt be heard. Their $50. And their really good,they got some kickin' bass cause you can change the sound profile. Mine last me what was stated on their performance,bout 10Hours.

Sent from my S3:)

droidguy15

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have had all types of Bluetooth ear pieces; plantronics and Motorola. They were OK, but the best one that I have bought and use is the top of the line BlueAnt. It is the absolute best one out there. I did a lot of research and it paid off. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

I just upgraded to the. S III today and it connected up with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

austinography

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I will second this. I love these things. My only gripe is that the fall off of me when I do any lying down lifts at the gym. My solution so far has been to cross the ear buds so that the cords keep it on, but I wish they had a way of attaching in the front too.

I also just got The LG tones, but the newer + 730 version. They're amazing. Convenient, comfortable, and the battery really does last. Highly recommend.

LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my Verizon Sammy GS3

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I will second this. I love these things. My only gripe is that the fall off of me when I do any lying down lifts at the gym. My solution so far has been to cross the ear buds so that the cords keep it on, but I wish they had a way of attaching in the front too.

I hate that too lol,still a pretty cool headset..

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my mini Bluetooth from my PS3 made by Sony. It's boss! I can stream music to my stereo and when I get phone calls it switches to my headset and back to stereo when finished

Milly

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I went through the whole research bluetooth headset thing after my BlueAnt T1 went through the wash for the second time. First time it made it. This time is never returned 100%. But, I second the T1 vote earlier if you want a strong headset that doesn't cost much and is discrete. If money is not super critical and you don't care about the BlueTool factor, then I highly highly suggest either the Plantronics Voyager Pro HD or Voyager Legend. I currently own the Legend and it is easily the best headset I've owned of many. The following link is my very brief review on Amazon. But the best feature by far is its smart sensor. Basically, if the headset is on your ear, calls go to it an through it. If it's not on your ear, calls go to the phone. This one killer feature is IMO what really sets them (this and the HD) apart from all others. Throw in the outstanding sound quality on both ends and comfortable fit, and you can't go wrong.
Good luck.
Amazon.com: Jeff's review of Plantronics VOYAGER LEGEND Bluetooth Heads...

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
The Lg tone 700 Bt headphones. Their both good for music and calls,never once have i been told i couldnt be heard. Their $50. And their really good,they got some kickin' bass cause you can change the sound profile. Mine last me what was stated on their performance,bout 10Hours.

Thats what I use and they sound great...

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Plantronics Voyager Pro and Beats dre solo bluetooth model. Both work beautifully with my S3 for phone calls and the Beats Solo also works extremely well for music from my Tab 10.1 and Tab 2 7". I have also had installed in my vehicle a Kenwood DNX9900HD with hands free phone features which is truly nice when driving long distances as you don't have to have a headset in or over your ears.

ltfhenry

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does your bluetooth earpiece play music on your S3? If so, how did you get it to work? My Bose works great for calls, but not audio media.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Y'all are much braver than I. :eek: I used a BT headset, briefly, back in the late 90's, but then started thinking about the RF EMR, and after reading some stuff about it, I soon threw it away.

Bluetooth Radiation - just how dangerous is it? | www.electricsense.com

Bluetooth Headset tests & videos

11 Ways to Protect Yourself from Dirty Electricity

Dirty Electricity

Bluetooth Radiation ? Let?s be clear on the dangers

Is Your Smartphone Damaging Your Health?

RF EMR (Radio Frequency - Electromagnetic Radiation, or dirty electricity) ? does seem like a real hazard, imho. How much so? I don't know. It seems like we're constantly surrounded, these days, with RF EMR, more and more. Unless you're way-way out in the sticks, or not caring a cell phone around, which it seems most people do these days, except for the very elderly or very young.

Anyhoo, the main reason I stopped using a BT headset and carrying my cell phone on a belt clip (back in the late 90's), was that I came to a point?after reading and perusing through as much research on the subject that I could find, without making it somewhat of a time-consuming research project?that I realized, again imo, that there simply and plainly hadn't been enough (long-term) research into the affects of BT & RF EMR on human health. Again, I'm no studied or credentialed expert of any kind on the subject, but personally, I just figured why take the possible long-term health risk.

. . . didn't mean to rain on your nice thread, OP. Just seems like it's a worthwhile topic of discussion, and I apologize if there's an actual (health risk of smartphones or bluetooth) thread that I perhaps should have more appropriately posted this in. This stuff just came to mind as I was reading through this thread.

louie77

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I used a few different headsets since getting my gs3. The plantronics voyager pro plus has worked the best. FYI...I've had very bad luck with jawbone ( era and icon).
I drive a diesel truck and have rarely had any sound quality complaints, even with the windows open slightly on the expressway!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Since I have the Beats Dre Solo headphones I don't use the Plantronics for music. And with hands-free phone feature in my Kenwood stereo unit I don't even need the earphone. On the S3 and the S4 I simply paired the Plantronics to the phone and then connected the two together. Opened the stock music player and selected a piece of music. No issues. Of course a single earpiece unit doesn't have true stereo and the depth of sound isn't the greatest but certainly better than no music at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol