- 7 Posts
Will a mini-plug mic work?
I got the Infuse 4G dock (working great!) to use with my SIII in the car. The only problem is that I had to mount it landscape with the mic on the far-end from the driver's seat. Since then I get a lot of complaints about people not hearing me very well. I was thinking I'd get a miniplug mic to plug into the headphone jack (which does face the driver's side), as a work around. What I was not sure about was if the phone would think that headphones are plugged in and try to send sound out through the jack, rather than the phone speaker.
Will it be able to tell it's mic only? Will it even work?
- 7 Posts
Re: Will a mini-plug mic work?
So, nevermind :-P.
I ended up going with the Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth. I was able to run the connections to my aux-in pretty inconspicuously, with only the controller button exposed.
As it turns out, I got 2 unexpected benefits with this:
1. Brings the mic closer to my face... a good thing since the way I mounted my phone, the device mic is actually pointed away from me. I got complaints about it during calls, so hopefully, this addresses it altogether.
2. Music actually pauses when the car is shut off. Unlike iDevices, Adroid phones do not necessarily pause music when the power supply is interrupted. Now, since the BT connection is broken, the music does pause, saving me a step when I leave the car.
Of course, it's not super-integrated. I don't get steering wheel controls, or anything, but the button is in easy reach to pause music, skip tracks, and answer calls. In short does 90% of what I was looking for in a $38 package that took 12 minutes to install and hide wires.
- By Sparkyvett in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2011, 02:47 PM
- By hanamalu in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 2Last Post: 04-29-2011, 10:56 AM
- By richhh in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
- By LS2982 in forum Epic 4G AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
- By johnlcrowe in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2010, 06:57 PM