1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Failed Problem

I know there have been posts on this before but I have tried a lot of these suggestions and still have "camera failed" error on my S3 4.3 stock rom. Camera was perfectly for couple of days after ota.

I did update the firmware ZDFI02 using #*34971539#, and it does says both phone and cam is ZDFI02.

Thanks guys. Ask me for any other detail you need. I really wanna solve this problem.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Camera Failed Problem

Quote Originally Posted by kit717 View Post
    I know there have been posts on this before but I have tried a lot of these suggestions and still have "camera failed" error on my S3 4.3 stock rom. Camera was perfectly for couple of days after ota.

I did update the firmware ZDFI02 using #*34971539#, and it does says both phone and cam is ZDFI02.

Thanks guys. Ask me for any other detail you need. I really wanna solve this problem.
    Hello! Did you clear the cache via Settings > Applications > Camera?

Give that a try and see if the issue is fixed.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes that was the first thing I tried.
    It used to work with at&t 4.3 ota update then one day the camera stopped working. Right now I am running CyanogenMod 10.3

But when I had 4.3 rooted I tried updating the 34971539 thing and also updated the camera firmware to zdfi02 but it never worked.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sent in for Samsung repair facility. First I had to unroot the phone and factory reset. They replaced the camera component without any charge.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have had the same problem twice. Clear the data on the camera. You know how to clear the cache, clear the data as well. Worked like a charm for me. Hope this works for you. It is really frustrating not having your camera!