Hear are my goals, are they possible if i root?

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading over the forums and have a question about rooting my AT&T Samy GS3.

I want to root my device so that i can

1. Run "vanila" Jelly Bean
  2. Get rid of bloat ware
  3. be able to tether and wifi hot spot (with out paying AT&T extra money)
  4. "Turn On" Google Wallet

I was just wondering if I will be able to do these things if i root my phone

and what the basic process will be to achieve these goals.

Thanks so much in advance.

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
here is an update after i have found some of the answers i was looking for

If you root:

1. you can definately flash a Jelly Bean ROM onto you device, however there are currently no "stable" JB ROMs so waiting would be a good idea.
  2. Get rid of all the bloatware (though i think flashing a custom ROM sort of takes care of this for you, i.e. you dont have to delete any bloatware becase there IS NO bloatware in custom ROMs, not sure though)
  3. Tether and Hot-Spot, though i have heard you DONT need to root to do this.
  4. there are posts on these forums and XDA that have a "hack" to get Google Wallet working, and yes your device has to be rooted for the "hack" to work.

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading over the forums and have a question about rooting my AT&T Samy GS3.

I want to root my device so that i can

1. Run "vanila" Jelly Bean
  2. Get rid of bloat ware
  3. be able to tether and wifi hot spot (with out paying AT&T extra money)
  4. "Turn On" Google Wallet

I was just wondering if I will be able to do these things if i root my phone

and what the basic process will be to achieve these goals.

Thanks so much in advance.
1. No current vanilla JB roms out for our device yet. CM10 is out but it's not yet fully functional
2. Yep
3. Yep...but not sure if AT&T can pop you for it
4. Yep

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
1. No current vanilla JB roms out for our device yet. CM10 is out but it's not yet fully functional
2. Yep
3. Yep...but not sure if AT&T can pop you for it
4. Yep

Actually cm10 is more functional then most think.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
No ROM has no bugs and last I checked the only broken thing is GPS and that can be fixed with an app.

Also I forgot to add their is paranoid android ROM based on cm10 jb and it has some minor bugs

Sent from my paranoid S3:smokingsomb:

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
No ROM has no bugs and last I checked the only broken thing is GPS
That's a pretty long winded way of agreeing with me ;)

BTW, here's a short list of issues users are experiencing as of this morning on the latest build of CM10:

I had my screen refuse to come on this morning, with or without using the power button, it was frozen. I plugged it in and grabbed a logcat, I think it will be helpful. Required a battery pull, but was at least ADB accessible. Note: When connecting to charger, the screen would light up, but touch was unresponsive .... Running the 08/10/2012 latest version. No other things flashed on top. looks like EGL memory issues from the logcat.

Just an FYI, I think there are still some camera issues. Running the Smart Stay app that uses the front camera, seems to be cause of some random locks, and camera crashes. hope this helps a bit

Definitely working great for me with no issues besides the phone application hoping that gets fixed someday

Just saying

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma