[Guide UPDATED] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock I747UCDLK3 JellyBean )

xericc

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
On the odin, i'm stuck on SetupConnection

<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

Zeaks

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I went through your process in its entirety and ran triangle away, however, device status under settings still reads "Modified"

In download mode,
custom binary download: No
current binary: Samsung official
System status: official

Please help, I really just want my phone to be completely restored to it's original state.

I'm on rogers but had the same problem. I ran triangle away to reset the counter, then Odin flash stock then enter recovery (power + home + volume up) and wipe factory data and cache reboot then status was back to normal. Make sure you wipe cache/factory reset after flashing stock.

lolwatpear

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm currently on a cm 10.1 rom. Do I need to flash the official rom first before doing triangle away and using odin to unroot and remove the custom recovery? Or, will following the guide give it the standard rom?

edit: i'm looking to make my phone completely stock.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm currently on a cm 10.1 rom. Do I need to flash the official rom first before doing triangle away and using odin to unroot and remove the custom recovery? Or, will following the guide give it the standard rom?

edit: i'm looking to make my phone completely stock.

You will need to run triangle away then return to stock using Odin and this guide.

J22L

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock)

This worked great! I had to do a data wipe in order to get passed the Samsung loading screen, but I wanted to do that anyways. Thanks!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
@Skunkape60....Thank you, thank you. You saved my phone. Your unroot worked. It got me out of an Odin download lock, and back to exactly where I was before I used the S3 Toolkit, and screwed it up. Very grateful to you.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
@Skunkape60....Thank you, thank you. You saved my phone. Your unroot worked. It got me out of an Odin download lock, and back to exactly where I was before I used the S3 Toolkit, and screwed it up. Very grateful to you.

Glad it helped. Those Odin lockups are normally caused by cheep usb chords, hooking your phone up to usb hub instead of directly to the computer. Also the ports in the back of your computer sometimes work better than the ones in the front.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Glad it helped. Those Odin lockups are normally caused by cheep usb chords, hooking your phone up to usb hub instead of directly to the computer. Also the ports in the back of your computer sometimes work better than the ones in the front.

I was using my partitioned Mac, with the original usb cord. I guess that i figured if i could partition my Mac, i could root my phone. Guess i'm not ready yet. Again, thank you for your Unroot guide. I was seriously thinking of buying a new SGSIII.:D

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

is there a method to unroot and return to stock ice cream sandwich? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

is there a method to unroot and return to stock ice cream sandwich? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I would imagine that you just substitute the stock JB for the stock ICS. Check in XDA-Dev, for the correct stock rom.

dsspain#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone point me to a stock rom ics and/or jb that I can flash with twrp? I'm staying rooted, butwant to go back to stock
Thanks in advance
And yes I searched here xda and androidforums but eveey one I found requires odin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463