Issues with ROM Manager

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I tried to install CyanogenMod 10 using ROM Manager but phone kept getting stuck on CyanogenMod boot up screen every time. Luckily, I was able to restore backup. Unsure of what I am doing wrong or what caused the problem.

1. So, how do I uninstall downloaded CyanogenMod?

2. Also, now that I am back to recovered backup will I still get AT&T OTA to Jelly Bean?

3. Lastly, anything else that I need to do to be back to original stock?

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I tried to install CyanogenMod 10 using ROM Manager but phone kept getting stuck on CyanogenMod boot up screen every time. Luckily, I was able to restore backup. Unsure of what I am doing wrong or what caused the problem.

1. So, how do I uninstall downloaded CyanogenMod?

2. Also, now that I am back to recovered backup will I still get AT&T OTA to Jelly Bean?

3. Lastly, anything else that I need to do to be back to original stock?

Thank you!

The downloaded rom? Go hunt for it in a file manager.

For number 2, it depends if you have all of the stock images, which is related to number 3--make sure you have the stock recovery in place and not CWM.

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
@dnmarck

Thanks for the response. I'm assuming I am back to stock because no Jelly Bean and everything looks back to normal.

Anyway to check correct images in place to ensure future OTA?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
@dnmarck

Thanks for the response. I'm assuming I am back to stock because no Jelly Bean and everything looks back to normal.

Anyway to check correct images in place to ensure future OTA?

Try manually booting into recovery. If it's not CWM, then that's settled. Make sure the baseband and all that jazz is what it should be for a stock device (in About Phone).

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, everything looks good. I even tried checking for updates and it said software up to date. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums