Roms that save battery$

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can run just about any ROM. The true battery savings comes from the kernel and the speeds/settings which you run the kernel/device at.

ROM probably only accounts for a tiny amount of battery control. Its more the kernel than anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about getting more than a day out of the phone unless you never use it. However, I am currently using LiquidSmooth RC8 [ROM] [AOSP] ? LIQUIDSMOOTH ? JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 8 [d2att] ? 15th November - xda-developers with LeanKernel [Kernel][JB] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel for D2TMO/D2ATT (AOSP) v1.10 [11/19/12] - xda-developers and have noticed much better battery life with my normal usage. This is an AOSP rom, so if you're looking for TW features, you'll want to consider something else. I've read some good things about KyanROM if you want TW.

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to boot from several Roms and just choose which to boot from? And not loose anythibg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try a ROM then make a nandroid backup before flashing a different ROM. Then you can always go back and restore your backup to return if you want.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How can I make a backup of whatever I'm on right now what's nandroid

If your stock " unrooted " then you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery installed like CWM " ClockWorkMod" or TWRP recovery. From those recoveries you can make the Nandroid or backup of your ROM.

These custom recoveries are the same tool which you flash custom ROM s and kernels from to.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Paul627g. So what's that 'TWRP' stand for? . . . TouchWiz Recovery Process? lol . . though seriously, just curious. ;)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Paul627g. So what's that 'TWRP' stand for? . . . TouchWiz Recovery Process? lol . . though seriously, just curious. ;)
Team Win Recovery Project.

Team Win is the name of the developer group behind the custom recovery.

TeamWin Projects - TeamWin Recovery Project (twrp) - | TeamWin

FWIW.. I've been using TWRP recoveries on my Nexus S 4G and Sprint GNex shortly after their initial release and they have really put some great work into the recovery. I used to believe there couldn't be anything better than CWM recovery but TWRP has shown some great stuff. ;)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Any Roms out there that will make my s3 last more than a day?

There isn't a rom out there to make the gs3 last a day, let alone more than a day unless you don't use the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a rom out there to make the gs3 last a day, let alone more than a day unless you don't use the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
I think that can really be said for most smartphones today.. Even when we have a light schedule using them it still taxes the battery harder than they did in the past..

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok i'm rooted running stock TW on my SGS3. There is an app on the Google Play Store " Set CPU" will this app actually help adjust and improve the speed and and efficiency of my phone and or it's battery life?

el chad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok i'm rooted running stock TW on my SGS3. There is an app on the Google Play Store " Set CPU" will this app actually help adjust and improve the speed and and efficiency of my phone and or it's battery life?

You will need to install a kernel higher than 1.5ghz before you can change it. I believe you can lower it's speed without a kernel but I'm not too sure on that. You can always download the app and get an instant refund within 15 minutes to see. Once you get an actual kernel you can set your phones processor to run at a slower rate once your battery reaches specific assigned battery %'s (51%, 21%, 4%, etc). This helps your battery life. Also try x2 battery app. If you're really desperate there's a few free apps that allow you to set your screen brightness much lower than stock (don't need to be rooted to do this). These combined have gave my phone 6+ more hours a day.

RobbieL811

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm lucky if my phone makes it to ten hours.

Try the new CM10.1. After you flash that, find the KT-747 kernel that can be found over at XDA. I'm getting great battery results off of this setup. With light use, my phone will last well over 24 hours with the stock battery. The KT 747 kernel has some undervolting settings that you can exploit if you wanna save battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781