What has happen to my lovely phone????

rgamr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
OK so here's my problem. I have a Cyanogenmod 10.0.0 GS3 phone and lately it was acting up, so I decided to do a factory reset and I backed up my phone and transferred the data to my other laptop and then did the factory reset. So the good news is that everything goes fast, the bad news is that the phone now is completely useless, the factory reset somehow messed my phone up and now I can't install my back up, I don't have google play on my phone and when I try to install it, it does but then precedes not to open, another problem I have is that all my contacts and information are saved with google and the new cyanogenmod seems to get rid off anything google.

So then I tried to use the odin that was said to use in the post above, however when that happens the odin is opened and it flashes chinese on my screen and then disappears. And because my phone is running cyanogen mod the samsung kiss doesn't regonize it.

Please help guys, other posts have been sort of helpful but I always seem to run in to a road block that mess me up and now I'm completely lost. I hate not being able to use my phone to the most it can.

rgamr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The phone is in the reset mode and that would be fine to do, however the cyanogenmod 10.2 or whatever the newest is does not include any Google accounts or Google play market so no new apps.

rgamr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You will need to choose the correct GApps Zip for your device from the following site, upload it to your phone (via usb), then, using CWM, just install the zip.

Google Apps (Gapps) - Download Latest Gapps for Android

TIP: you should also install the ROM manager app from google play once you get it. It's alot easier than booting into recovery all the time.

Big problem I see here is that I lack cwm, so what do i do now?

tekeleven

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have it? If not, I don't see how you flashed your ROM in the first place... you would have needed it to do so. What I would do before we try anything drastic, is power off the phone. Then boot it into recovery mode (Hold power button, home button, and volume up key until Samsung logo appears, then let go), and if "ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.3.0" is at the top of the screen, then we're in business. (CWM stands for ClockworkMod.) If you have any other version, that's okay, we can worry about that later. So, if you do have CWM on your phone, navigate using the volume down and volume up key, to the "reboot system now" option, and press the power key to select. Once your system is rebooted, connect it to the computer via USB, and drag your GApps zip file over to it. Then, unplug the phone, turn it off, and boot it back into recovery mode. Navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and select it, then select "yes". When that's finished, navigate down to "wipe cache partition", select it, then hit "yes". Then, navigate to advanced, and "wipe dalvik cache". Now, Go back go the main CWM screen, and select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard", or "choose zip from internal sdcard", depending on which version you have. Then, you can navigate down to the GApps zip file, select it, and install it. Now, what you'll want to do is re-install your custom ROM, just in case anything weird happened during the wipe. To do this, download the ROM manager app from Google Play, and follow the instructions from there. NOTE: If you didn't have the latest version of CWM when we checked earlier, you can update it through this app.

Now, if you really don't have CWM, let me know, and we can go through the steps from there.

Last edited:

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
TWRP is much better than Cwm recovery. It's all touch oriented and can be installed with the Goomanager (one word) app from the play store. Goomanager does the same thing as Rom Manager just better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
^Agreed.

I mean, having a recovery is good, but anything other than CWM is generally better, more options on backups, and less bugs across devices.

As for your problem OP, even though I know nothing about KIES or ODIN, I have ran into this problem on a CM10 based build for the Inspire 4G, and the best thing to do is flash the ROM again, then the correct Gapps, and then reboot your phone. Add your Google account though the set up or the phone's Settings, THEN try to open Google Play.

Hope I helped a bit.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma