Looking for ROM! Please HELP!

joseph asselta

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Using -i747
-Rooted
-Stock TouchWiz
I really dont have too many issues with stock touchwiz but have been interested with flashing a new ROM. I would just like the updated toogle menu that the s4's have. So i can have NFC and other toogles in the pull down menu. Maybe I should just update to 4.2.2. Would that help? Or am i better with a certain ROM. I am open to all suggestions as I am fairly new to this but I just wanted to let ya know what I am looking for. So any ROM suggestions or maybe even some kernals that I can use with the stock ROM to improve performance/battery/anything. Any help and input would be greatly appreciated, thanks and hoping to hear back soon to get this rolling.

Michael Wong

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I know what you are looking for. Cyanogenmod 10.1. It comes with toggles on the notification bar that you press on the top right. There are stuff like brightness control, will and mobile data control, airplane mode, Bluetooth, etc. CyanogenMod is based of of the nexus 4 stock ROM so you will notice your notification bar color is blue for everything. It is also very customizable aside from AOKP, a ROM based off of CyanogenMod. Of course it is stock android so you will lose some stuff like smart stay. Battery life should also increase by around 2 hours and is WAAAY smoother than touchwiz. You will see what i mean when you scroll through the pages of your screen.

Michael Wong

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes I forgot to mention, it is running the latest version of android 4.2.2 jellybean. You also have options build in to over clock your CPU and CPU governor. The ROM is very popular and has over 6 million users that have flashed this ROM.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Using -i747
-Rooted
-Stock TouchWiz
I really dont have too many issues with stock touchwiz but have been interested with flashing a new ROM. I would just like the updated toogle menu that the s4's have. So i can have NFC and other toogles in the pull down menu. Maybe I should just update to 4.2.2. Would that help? Or am i better with a certain ROM. I am open to all suggestions as I am fairly new to this but I just wanted to let ya know what I am looking for. So any ROM suggestions or maybe even some kernals that I can use with the stock ROM to improve performance/battery/anything. Any help and input would be greatly appreciated, thanks and hoping to hear back soon to get this rolling.

You can try Cyanogenmod or AOKP. Used them in my old Note and it was great.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol