Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S3 Won't Flash, Stuck on ClockWorkMod Recovery Boot Loop

    Hey everyone, so I have a rooted 4.1.1 Jellybean Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747). Randomly, my phone shut off about two days ago and was stuck in a boot loop at the Samsung logo. So, I went into recovery mode and hit the wipe device/factory reset and then wipe cache. When it booted, it automatically went into recovery mode. So I was poking around and found that the found can't mount anything, but at the time I didn't even think this was a big problem. It couldn't mount my internal sd card, data, anything. So I did some googling and found a program called Odin that could potentially flash a stock ROM onto my device. I downloaded about 4 different stock roms, because each one kept giving me a "nand write error" (or in the first case a "recovery.img error". I used five different versions of Odin, same thing. I downloaded pit files to re-partititon and received a can't find pit file error even though it was right in the box in Odin. I downloaded updated samsung drivers on both of my laptops. I used both laptops for all the processes. I switched the cord, switched the ports, took the sim card and the battery out and still the same error. I rebooted my computer as well. Anything I do always seemed to give me the "nand error". Really frusterated. I then was told to format in recovery mode all the partitions. So I did, got errors for the internal, external sd card, and the /data partition. I went into download mode, re-did the process, and still ended up with an error. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Greatly appreciated
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,515 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,006 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 Won't Flash, Stuck on ClockWorkMod Recovery Boot Loop

    Quote Originally Posted by GameAnger View Post
    Hey everyone, so I have a rooted 4.1.1 Jellybean Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747). Randomly, my phone shut off about two days ago and was stuck in a boot loop at the Samsung logo. So, I went into recovery mode and hit the wipe device/factory reset and then wipe cache. When it booted, it automatically went into recovery mode. So I was poking around and found that the found can't mount anything, but at the time I didn't even think this was a big problem. It couldn't mount my internal sd card, data, anything. So I did some googling and found a program called Odin that could potentially flash a stock ROM onto my device. I downloaded about 4 different stock roms, because each one kept giving me a "nand write error" (or in the first case a "recovery.img error". I used five different versions of Odin, same thing. I downloaded pit files to re-partititon and received a can't find pit file error even though it was right in the box in Odin. I downloaded updated samsung drivers on both of my laptops. I used both laptops for all the processes. I switched the cord, switched the ports, took the sim card and the battery out and still the same error. I rebooted my computer as well. Anything I do always seemed to give me the "nand error". Really frusterated. I then was told to format in recovery mode all the partitions. So I did, got errors for the internal, external sd card, and the /data partition. I went into download mode, re-did the process, and still ended up with an error. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Greatly appreciated
    Welcome to the forums!
    When you use ODIN, are you using 3.07? Also, if you are't doing this, right click on the ODIN .exe file and choose Run as Administrator. That may help.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 Won't Flash, Stuck on ClockWorkMod Recovery Boot Loop

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    When you use ODIN, are you using 3.07? Also, if you are't doing this, right click on the ODIN .exe file and choose Run as Administrator. That may help.
    Thanks! And yes, I've used 3.07 and ran as administrator on each one
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,515 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,006 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 Won't Flash, Stuck on ClockWorkMod Recovery Boot Loop

    Quote Originally Posted by GameAnger View Post
    Thanks! And yes, I've used 3.07 and ran as administrator on each one
    Not really sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

    Sent from a 4.3 Slim S3 using the AC forums app

Similar Threads

  1. Fault with my Galaxy S4 camera!
    By llauren in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 11:13 PM
  2. galaxy s4 creaks?
    By magicalwishes in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:20 AM
  3. Moto X _discharges_ on USB
    By Harlan H in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:05 AM
  4. 'dynamic maze' on gplay
    By annurig in forum Developer Spotlight
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 06:21 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions