AT&T Galaxy S3 - rooting s3 4.3

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I hear you. I have the same questions. I think we'll have to give it some time so devs can figure it out... Or maybe they already have! Not sure. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I took a look around and didn't see any information as to rooting the 4.3 update. It may take some time, so keep checking in the forums or on XDA for a new root method (unless the old still works) on the latest 4.3 update.

In the future, it's best to flash a rooted stock version of the ROM if you want to keep root access and not have to worry about re-rooting.

Camkat2013

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I would have never updated to 4.3 if I knew this was going to happen. I've been thinking about rooting my phone but I made the mistake of updating it first.
Well apparently jellybean 4.3 comes with a bootloader lock like verizon galaxys come with. I've done everything to try to unlock it and I even tried to downgrade the firmware to earlier jellybean firmware . It blocks everything. There is something on there called Knox which is a new security feature...that is what is blocking everything I think. I need answers. :(

Camkat2013

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
No, it won't because of the new security features on 4.3. I'm pretty ticked at myself for updating my phone. I should have researched it first.

Kapak13

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the Knox security is blocking you. I've only seen one or two 4.3 ROM's so far for the AT&T variant and one has a 'root fix' option in clockwork mod recovery. But being that you never rooted prior to the update, you have no way of possibly having clockwork mod recovery, so downloading and flashing the ROM with the root fix is impossible?currently. I'm pretty sure there will be an exploit to disable Knox in the future. But for now, just enjoy the ROM, I am currently rooted and on 4.3 with the root fix, yet I keep it very stock on 4.3. It's a nice clean ROM.

Kapak13

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my s3 to 4.3. Will the same rooting methods from 4.1.2 work?

Posted via Android Central App

I'm on 4.3 with root and came from 4.1.2. I downloaded the stock ROM+root to my phone's internal SDcard, booted into clockwork mod recovery and cleared data, cache, dalvik cache, went into mounts and storage and cleared /system then flashed the ROM. it took forever to boot (10 mins) but it loaded up and I left it alone for another 10 minutes to let it finish booting, then after ten minutes I rebooted it and let it load up and all was working perfectly.

Go to AT&T Galaxy S3 ROMs | Galaxy S3 Root to get all the available AT&T Galaxy S3 ROMs with review articles and videos.

…unless you weren't already rooted on 4.1.2 before jumping to 4.3 stock… that update is a huge pain in the ***.

meatmissle

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
im trying to root my galexy s3 4.3 samsung aTT SGH-1747 and running into issues aswhell i have downloaded odin v3.09 and super user
but i think i need the att.tar file. all i know is i need help to fill in the gaps. any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
After I read your comment pdl2mtl90, I took the chance and installed my CF-Autoroot and you are absolutely right. Odin 3.07 uploaded the files in a breeze and before I knew it my s3 with 4.3 was rooted again. Thanks man :)

Last edited:

Brianin360

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to get our hands on the stock 4.3 .tar ? I'm soft bricked at the moment after the 4.3 OTA and CF root. It was working great until I messed something up tweaking things. Due to the bootloader, I believe, I cant just flash older versions to downgrade (4.1.1, 4.1.2) it now FAILS. I've wiped and reset to no avail. I cannot get kies to connect either.

Any ideas?

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
After I read you comment pdl2mtl90, I took the chance and installed my CF-Autoroot and you are absolutely right. Odin 3.07 uploaded the files in a breeze and before I knew it my s3 with 4.3 was rooted again. Thanks man :)

No problem, its weird because I know of several people that have tried CF and the results vary. Not sure why it work on some phones and not work on others.

CaptMc

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I must admit that I was very concerned about re rooting my S3 after the 4.3 update! However everything worked wonderfully, including being able to get around knox! I am an old hacker, and can't probably explain the process, but follow this thread, it works!!

mbow1982

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I think I messed up my root it shows up but I do not have super users permission and I can not uninstall the root so it is taking up space in my phone for no reason can someone help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37