Galaxy S3 Stuck in Bootloop and Won't Install ROM

cbohn8

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently attempted to install a new ROM on my att GS3 and now my phone will only boot into Recovery Mode. I attempted to install the aokp_d2att_kitkat_nightly_2014-01-20.zip from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing nightly, but I receive the error "This package is for "d2att" devices; this is a "d2spr". I bought my phone from att and its model number is I747 so I found it out that I was receiving that error. I then attempted to install a couple of d2spr ROMs with no success.

Sorry if there isn't enough information here for you guys to draw any conclusions to be able to help me. If you need any more info just ask I'll share whatever I can that will help. My phone has been rooted, is booting into CWM-based Recover v5.5.0.4

Also my computer doesn't recognize that my phone is plugged in when I connect it via a USB cable. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I think i just need to install a ROM that works with my phone, but that has proven difficult to do so far.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently attempted to install a new ROM on my att GS3 and now my phone will only boot into Recovery Mode. I attempted to install the aokp_d2att_kitkat_nightly_2014-01-20.zip from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing nightly, but I receive the error "This package is for "d2att" devices; this is a "d2spr". I bought my phone from att and its model number is I747 so I found it out that I was receiving that error. I then attempted to install a couple of d2spr ROMs with no success.

Sorry if there isn't enough information here for you guys to draw any conclusions to be able to help me. If you need any more info just ask I'll share whatever I can that will help. My phone has been rooted, is booting into CWM-based Recover v5.5.0.4

Also my computer doesn't recognize that my phone is plugged in when I connect it via a USB cable. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I think i just need to install a ROM that works with my phone, but that has proven difficult to do so far.

Welcome to the forums.
What method did you use to root the device?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you nandroid? If I ever got caught with a bad rom on my OG Evo I would load an alternate on my sd card. Easy in and out till I found a usable ROM

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair