Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Stuck in Bootloop after failed update

Phone died during a Cyanogen software update last night, apparently getting my Galaxy S3 stuck in a bootloop. After consulting CM's website, I attempted to use Heimdall on Mac to flash a CM ROM. Terminal window will say successful, but there is no "blue loading bar" as said on the CM website. I'm able to get into Download and Recovery modes, but I was stupid and didn't fully understand what creating a recovery means.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Stuck in Bootloop after failed update

I don't know much about using Heimdall on the Mac but, the beauty of a samsung device is that if you have download mode, you can Odin back to stock. If you still have recovery, you can manually download the rom from get.cm/downloads. You will also have to google search for the gapps that go with whatever cyanogenmod version you download (ie. 10.1, 10.2, or 11). If you never manually flashed a custom rom through recovery, I would be glad to help this evening. If you don't have access to recovery, there are also Odin flash able recoveries (probably Heimdall too).