- 1 Posts
Stuck in Bootloop after failed update
Phone died during a Cyanogen software update last night, apparently getting my Galaxy S3 stuck in a bootloop. After consulting CM's website, I attempted to use Heimdall on Mac to flash a CM ROM. Terminal window will say successful, but there is no "blue loading bar" as said on the CM website. I'm able to get into Download and Recovery modes, but I was stupid and didn't fully understand what creating a recovery means.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
- 03-12-2014, 08:52 AM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: Stuck in Bootloop after failed update
I don't know much about using Heimdall on the Mac but, the beauty of a samsung device is that if you have download mode, you can Odin back to stock. If you still have recovery, you can manually download the rom from get.cm/downloads. You will also have to google search for the gapps that go with whatever cyanogenmod version you download (ie. 10.1, 10.2, or 11). If you never manually flashed a custom rom through recovery, I would be glad to help this evening. If you don't have access to recovery, there are also Odin flash able recoveries (probably Heimdall too).
- By nullsteph in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 9Last Post: 07-05-2014, 07:45 AM
- By Jeepwx03 in forum International CarriersReplies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2014, 09:56 AM
- By djfox055 in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 02-26-2014, 12:20 PM
- By thereck12 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:43 PM
- By Bobbyjones686 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM