Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,018 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Default Stock apps

Went back to stock(4.3) until the CWMod fiasco is fixed, and noticed something different. The stock phone, messages, and email apps all get badges when activated. This doesn't happen(with those stock apps) in 4.4.2 without an extra app such as Notifier+, or others. How can i bring over those stock apps when i re-root?
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Global Posts
    10,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Stock apps

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Went back to stock(4.3) until the CWMod fiasco is fixed, and noticed something different. The stock phone, messages, and email apps all get badges when activated. This doesn't happen(with those stock apps) in 4.4.2 without an extra app such as Notifier+, or others. How can i bring over those stock apps when i re-root?
    You can't, unless someone has ported the stock apps to work on the ROM you are using with root. You should be able to install a stock, rooted version of the latest ROM for the AT&T S3 model and have access to those apps. Otherwise, on any other ROM you'll need to use an app (which you already know) or install a compatible version of the stock apps (if someone has made it available) on your rooted ROM.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x likes this.