| || |
ATT rooted S3 unable to open settings page after recent firmware update
As the title states, I have a rooted ATT galaxy S3 that is unable to open settings. I made the amateurish mistake of accepting the latest firmware update, which I suspect corrupted my system.
My trouble shooting steps thus far:
1. Cleared cache partition = fail.
2. Factory Reset = fail.
3. Reflashed w/ ATT_I747UCUEMJB_S3Rx_3.0_AROMA_4-13-14 (xda-devolopers) successfully. Cleared Cache. = Fail.
4. Reflashed w/ ATT_I747UCUEMJB_S3Rx_3.0_AROMA_4-13-14 (xda-devolopers) successfully. Cleared Cache. Factory Reset = fail.
I have been searching the interwebs for hours, and I cannot find anything in regards to the complexity of my issue. NEED HELP DESPERATELY.
-SOLVED- The only solution that worked for me was to completely unroot my phone. For anyone w similar issues following the most recent firmware update:
1.Download triangleaway from play store on phone.
2.Open the APK
3. Click the reset counter option (you must reset your binary counter back to 0 for warranty/phone service support)
4. Download official samsung firmware from Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3 (ATT SGH-I747) onto computer.
5. Flash phone using ODIN
6. Boot phone into recovery and restore factory defaults + clear cache partition
7. Reboot and there you go!
Hope this helps.