Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How To Root AT&T Galaxy S3

    Well I've officially got the slim and sexy Galaxy S3 from AT&T. Its a work phone but I would like to root it. I am very technically but have never done anything technical with Androids. I am looking for tutorial on how to root and unroot my device so I can use some apps but be able to put it back to stock if I had to since it is a work phone.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 10:42 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    I am with you. I think the best would be to look over general "before you root guides" until phone specific content comes out. Also, it is probably not the best idea to root the phone until a method comes out to return the phone to stock. Oh btw, I am also a first time phone rooter!! Rooted my kindle fire and turned a non usable device into a serious ipad competitor. Definitely sold on rooting.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    beh
    beh is offline
    beh's Avatar

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    is a link to a straight forward method of rooting the S3. I have used it on my phone successfully. Just take care to do the rebooting with the proper buttons held down as the 3rd reboot is different than the first two reboots.Thanks to all the folks involved in the working this out. And as always, rooting your phone is done at YOUR OWN RISK.
    Last edited by cataloochee; 07-02-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling corrected
    Thanked by:
    Crystal Reyes likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    For the ATT Galaxy S3

  5. #5  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    I give a +100,000 to the comment of being cautious when there is currently no "Restore to Stock" option available in the event of bricks or borked devices....

    Proceed with caution my friends.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    Thanked by 2:
    dmmarck likes this.
  6. #6  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Just to echo what Paul said, you have no escape plan. Proceed with caution. Sure, it's going to be a thrill, sort of like putting your house on red 7 in Atlantic City. However, if something goes awry, the chances of you being able to get a "free" replacement from ATT is up there with the Cubs winning a world series.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I give a +100,000 to the comment of being cautious when there is currently no "Restore to Stock" option available in the event of bricks or borked devices....

    Proceed with caution my friends.
    Paul, I believe the method at XDA for the ATT Galaxy S3 restores to stock a failed root attempt (i.e. trying to root an ATT S II with a non-US version method). And then let's you root correctly.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Wow first off thank you everyone for the replies. There is nothing like the people in the Android community. What everyone has said makes complete sense and I may wait a little for more details and information. I know rooting is a risky biz and the warnings are rightfully slow which is why I wanted to do some research and ask here before taking it on myself. Thanks again for everyone's replys and cataloochee, hang in there. Its totally worth the wait!
  9. #9  
    jdk2's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Just to echo what Paul said, you have no escape plan. Proceed with caution. Sure, it's going to be a thrill, sort of like putting your house on red 7 in Atlantic City. However, if something goes awry, the chances of you being able to get a "free" replacement from ATT is up there with the Cubs winning a world series.
    Ouch!
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    Ouch!
    You can't say I'm wrong...
    charn65 likes this.
  11. #11  
    beh
    beh is offline
    beh's Avatar

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky0702 View Post
    Can I use this rooting with the AT&T GS #?
    No it is for the international model i9100. My mistake. You need to use the XDA method which has separate files for AT&T, Sprint, and T-mobil otherwise the steps to root are the same. And an incorrect installation will default you back to factory stock from my limited experience.
    Last edited by cataloochee; 07-02-2012 at 09:24 AM.
  12. #12  
    Drayk's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,926 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    I'm an obvious noob here and won't even have my GS3 till Aug but........

    whats the advantage of rooting?

    As you can tell tell by my screen name, I've a BB user (for years) and will be kind of new to android. I actually spent 3 months with an HTC Vivid and loved it, but went back. Can't wait for the GS3.
    I'll be staying this time.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    I really want to root, and get rid of touchwiz, however I'll wait until their is a way out in case of failure.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  14. #14  
    916x10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegti02 View Post
    Well I've officially got the slim and sexy Galaxy S3 from AT&T. Its a work phone but I would like to root it. I am very technically but have never done anything technical with Androids. I am looking for tutorial on how to root and unroot my device so I can use some apps but be able to put it back to stock if I had to since it is a work phone.

    Thanks!
    A quick glance at the forum would have answered your question and kept you from posting this thread.

    [How to] Root without tripping flash counter!
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by cataloochee View Post
    is a link to a straight forward method of rooting the S3. I have used it on my phone successfully. Just take care to do the rebooting with the proper buttons held down as the 3rd reboot is different than the first two reboots.Thanks to all the folks involved in the working this out. And as always, rooting your phone is done at YOUR OWN RISK.
    This guide doesn't specify a model. I need one for i747.
  16. #16  
    916x10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by apennismightier View Post
    This guide doesn't specify a model. I need one for i747.
    Unless AT&T has different models of the GS3, I don't see what the problem is considering it specifically says for AT&T in the thread title
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1
  17. #17  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by 916x10 View Post
    A quick glance at the forum would have answered your question and kept you from posting this thread.

    [How to] Root without tripping flash counter!
    A quick glance at the date of the OP and the date of the thread you referenced would have kept you from posting that very rude comment.

    Let's not be so quick to judge others, shall we?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    HEY ALL.
    I'm new to posting, but I really need help with rooting/unrooting/resetting the binary counter on the 1747. I thought it worked like an iPhone, so needless to say I'm a little overwhelmed. So, as of now, is there a way to reset the counter? And how do I go about 'unrooting' my phone?
  19. #19  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyinpudding View Post
    HEY ALL.
    I'm new to posting, but I really need help with rooting/unrooting/resetting the binary counter on the 1747. I thought it worked like an iPhone, so needless to say I'm a little overwhelmed. So, as of now, is there a way to reset the counter? And how do I go about 'unrooting' my phone?
    as the video states it could be potentially dangerous
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZesB1Op0VGk[/YT]

    do some reading before you attempt
    ardew likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    nice
  21. #21  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    I have been trying to find an alternative method for rooting my s3. I have tried using Odin 6 times now, and every time I have had to completely reset everything.

    If anyone knows of another way to SUCCESSFULLY ROOT my phone, please let me know. I have figured out most everything else...even rooted my previous phones. This is driving me nuts.

    (just FYI if any one else gets the "firmware upgrade has encountered an issue" message, open Keis, Connect your phone to your pc, under the tools menu in Keis click on "firmware upgrade and initialization" enter your model number and S/N, and follow the prompts, it will restore you back to the original firmware.) Took me forever to figure that out.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    How do you root a samsung galaxy s3
  23. #23  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    read the first thread in this section.It's a sticky

    How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)
  24. #24  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    How do this work ?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: How To Root S III

    i don't do
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B