Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigbruise
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM 10

Default Help needed installing CM10 the M- Series

Guys I have an ATT S3 rooted... I've been trying to flash the new CM10 that was released yesterday... but the install stops and it gives me an error message.... as I said.. I'm rooted and have cwm installed also.... what am I doing wrong.... help is greatly appreciated...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Help needed installing CM10 the M- Series

Use the app from the Google Store called 'Rom Manager.' It makes everything extremely easy and straightforward.

1) Download the app
    2) Open the app and make sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed (it will show you in the app)
    3) Make sure to make a backup of your stock system first so you can always get it back if you wish (can do this in the app as well)
    4) Hit Download Roms, and pick Cyanogenmod 10 and choose the file name you wish (either the nightly or the M1 version)
    5) It will open a dialog box asking if you want Google Apps as well (obviously you do so click the box if not already)
    6) Thats it! It will download the files and then reboot into clockwork, installing everything on its own

Everything took about 10 minutes for me (backup was about 6-7 of the 10 minutes). If you have any other questions, let me know!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

Which CM10 are you running? Without reading the 400+ page post on XDA what if any issues are there with CM10 that you see on the SGS3? I know many people are saying that CM10 as is today is stable enough to use but there will always be bugs until it's out of beta so I rather know of any annoyances now before I flash.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM 10

I have the m 1 series... I finally was able to flash it last night... bro this version is super stable... so far the only bug ive had was when browsing thru the gallery of pics located in the SD card, the screen flickered twice, then it crashed.... but after that it hasn't happened again... it only happened once. I'm luving it.... the Equalizer that comes w it is outta this world.... u should flash it

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM 10

Quote Originally Posted by dano92580 View Post
    Use the app from the Google Store called 'Rom Manager.' It makes everything extremely easy and straightforward.

1) Download the app
    2) Open the app and make sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed (it will show you in the app)
    3) Make sure to make a backup of your stock system first so you can always get it back if you wish (can do this in the app as well)
    4) Hit Download Roms, and pick Cyanogenmod 10 and choose the file name you wish (either the nightly or the M1 version)
    5) It will open a dialog box asking if you want Google Apps as well (obviously you do so click the box if not already)
    6) Thats it! It will download the files and then reboot into clockwork, installing everything on its own

Everything took about 10 minutes for me (backup was about 6-7 of the 10 minutes). If you have any other questions, let me know!
    Thanks... I found what the issue was... instead of cwm I had to flash twrp recovery... with that I was able to flash thanks a lot

I have found that clock work mod is buggy and unreliable. I'm sure other people have good results with it but I never have. I use goomanager for flashing any Roms.

Can somebody point this noob in the right direction to the latest Jelly Bean CM10 ROM? I'm looking at the ROM Manager app and I'm not sure which one to flash, also I'm on the xvda forums and not sure where to look exactly on there...thanks!
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bigbruise View Post
    Can somebody point this noob in the right direction to the latest Jelly Bean CM10 ROM? I'm looking at the ROM Manager app and I'm not sure which one to flash, also I'm on the xvda forums and not sure where to look exactly on there...thanks!
    Better off not using rom manager. Learn to flash it yourself. In the long run it's more reliable and satisfying to doing it yourself. Rom manager isn't the most reliable way to flash ROMs.

Personally, I would try this rom. It was one of my favorites on my nexus.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1900452
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Yeah I went ahead and flashed it myself instead of using rom manager. so far I cant even get it to boot, I'm just getting stuck on the CyanogenMod boot animation, does it always take forever to get past this, or was it a bad flash?

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

It's most likely in a boot loop. Wipe /system, /data, cache, and dalvik cache then flash. You shouldn't get any boot loops that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Always rooted.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Also make sure you download and flash your gapps at the same time.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie2 View Post
    It's most likely in a boot loop. Wipe /system, /data, cache, and dalvik cache then flash. You shouldn't get any boot loops that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Does wiping system data also wipe my backups? Is this recommended to do before each ROM flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Also make sure you download and flash your gapps at the same time.
    gapps...Google Apps? Pretty sure I did this as I was asked if I wanted to include Google Apps in the flash.

But what I went ahead and did was restored from the last backup (today) and it booted back up with the stock ROM. In order to Flash again, do I have to delete the old Flash that put me in a boot loop?

Thanks for the help by the way.

edit: I tried flashing the ROM you reccommended Skunk, and I'm still getting Boot Looped. Even after clearing cache's.

Edit(2): Finally got the flash to work, now how to get all my previous settings back on here...
    Last edited by bigbruise; 10-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Skunkape60 likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bigbruise View Post
    Does wiping system data also wipe my backups? Is this recommended to do before each ROM flash?

gapps...Google Apps? Pretty sure I did this as I was asked if I wanted to include Google Apps in the flash.

But what I went ahead and did was restored from the last backup (today) and it booted back up with the stock ROM. In order to Flash again, do I have to delete the old Flash that put me in a boot loop?

Thanks for the help by the way.

edit: I tried flashing the ROM you reccommended Skunk, and I'm still getting Boot Looped. Even after clearing cache's.

Edit(2): Finally got the flash to work, now how to get all my previous settings back on here...
    This might help you when your are flashing...

How To Flash in Custom Recovery