AT&T Galaxy S3 - Root - CM10 Nightly questions...

crutherf

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is my first root/rom, and after I switched to a windows computer (darn macbook) the installation went smoothly. As the title says I am running CM10, CM 10-20120926-NIGHTLY-d2att to be exact. I've been playing with Jelly Bean all afternoon, and have found two issues so far.

1. Voice search (Google Now), and Voice text do not work. When I speak a grey bar moves, but the mic never lights up red like it is supposed to. I checked and English is loaded for offline speech recognition.

2. I can't send or receive picture messages. I looked at the logs and see a 'Service:eek:nStartCommand' noNetwork error message.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my voice, and picture messages aren't working?

Thanks in advance,
Casey

dr3167

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
A nightly build is beta and comes with a myriad of problems. There have been issues (mostly Bluetooth and call volume)with the lastest nightlies. I am using the one from September25 and am not experiencing the issues you describe.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk

Gimp less

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Like b0gus, I've been using the September 25th version for the past 2 weeks without any issues. The external speaker seems a little soft, but everything else has been wonderful so far. Maybe reflash to this M1 version?

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is my first root/rom, and after I switched to a windows computer (darn macbook) the installation went smoothly. As the title says I am running CM10, CM 10-20120926-NIGHTLY-d2att to be exact. I've been playing with Jelly Bean all afternoon, and have found two issues so far.

1. Voice search (Google Now), and Voice text do not work. When I speak a grey bar moves, but the mic never lights up red like it is supposed to. I checked and English is loaded for offline speech recognition.

2. I can't send or receive picture messages. I looked at the logs and see a 'Service:eek:nStartCommand' noNetwork error message.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my voice, and picture messages aren't working?

Thanks in advance,
Casey

First get thee to XDA: Q&A For CM10 Nightlies and the Official CM10 thread. I read both of these threads for weeks before flashing and read them both every day now having flashed. Google now was fixed and it uses the top mic, voice texting works also using the bottom mic. I suggest that you flash a newer ROM. As for the picture messages I'm not sure but if you search the two threads I linked to you'll probably find your answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon