Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by rmac1679 View Post
    Will this method work with the I747UCLH9 baseband or do I have to factory reset to LG1?
    Yes. It will work fine.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

I am now officially rooted. Thank you very much.

What happens once the official JB update comes down the pipe.

Also, should I use recovery mode for backing up my current rom or is there an app that makes it easier to backup and load custom roms?

Again, thanks very much.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    I am now officially rooted. Thank you very much.

What happens once the official JB update comes down the pipe.

Also, should I use recovery mode for backing up my current rom or is there an app that makes it easier to backup and load custom roms?

Again, thanks very much.
    There will be ways for the rooted people to update.There always is.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 12-02-2012 at 09:37 AM.

I rooted my S3 a few weeks ago using this guide and everything worked flawlessly. About a week ago I updated the SuperUser binaries and now I get a "shell has been granted superuser permission" notification at random times. I've noticed it the most using Boat Browser, this didn't happen before I updated the binaries, so I am just wanting to go back to the version that was installed with this root. Do I need to do anything special or could I just follow the steps again even though my phone is already rooted, or is there an easier way to go about this?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Airlsee View Post
    I rooted my S3 a few weeks ago using this guide and everything worked flawlessly. About a week ago I updated the SuperUser binaries and now I get a "shell has been granted superuser permission" notification at random times. I've noticed it the most using Boat Browser, this didn't happen before I updated the binaries, so I am just wanting to go back to the version that was installed with this root. Do I need to do anything special or could I just follow the steps again even though my phone is already rooted, or is there an easier way to go about this?
    Open support user app and go to settings. Make sure to turn off notifications.

Well it also force closes whatever app is open, so it's a little more annoying than just the notifications.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Airlsee View Post
    Well it also force closes whatever app is open, so it's a little more annoying than just the notifications.
    To go back to your original superuser and binaries you won't have to go through the process over. All you would have to do is reflash "team epic root from recovery" in recovery.
    Thanked by:

Ok, great. Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try. Great job on the guide it's "basically" foolproof.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

So my provider has updated to JellyBean. OTA wouldn't work because I didn't have the stock recovery. I updated using ODIN and now I'm back at stock recovery and no root. I assumed I'd lose root but I'm surprised I'm back at stock recovery.

Can I just repeat this method and get CWM and root back now that I'm on stock JB?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #85  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
    So my provider has updated to JellyBean. OTA wouldn't work because I didn't have the stock recovery. I updated using ODIN and now I'm back at stock recovery and no root. I assumed I'd lose root but I'm surprised I'm back at stock recovery.

Can I just repeat this method and get CWM and root back now that I'm on stock JB?
    Yes this would be fine. This method will work on Jellybean.

I just updated to the official release of jelly bean and was rooted before. After updating I lost root and tried re-rooting using this method but it failed twice. What am I doing wrong?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by NuNAK67 View Post
    I just updated to the official release of jelly bean and was rooted before. After updating I lost root and tried re-rooting using this method but it failed twice. What am I doing wrong?
    Most common mistake is missing recovery. If you let the phone boot after flashing recovery in Odin you will have to start over. That's why you need to pull the battery after you flash in Odin. Then boot into cwm recovery and flash team epic root from recovery which should already be on your sdcard storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Most common mistake is missing recovery. If you let the phone boot after flashing recovery in Odin you will have to start over. That's why you need to pull the battery after you flash in Odin. Then boot into cwm recovery and flash team epic root from recovery which should already be on your sdcard storage.
    Nevermind. For some reason it worked. Thanks for responding. I am rooted again =)
    Last edited by NuNAK67; 12-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by NuNAK67 View Post
    Hmm im a little confused. I have the recovery in odin but when I start the process of flashing the recovery it fails in odin. It used to work before I got at&t's jelly bean. Im doing everything the same but it fails in odin. Sorry I dont think I worded it right the first time.
    Are you using the same file as before or did you redownload it? If you redownloaded it, it may Dee a bad download. Have you tried removing and reinstalling your drivers?

Yeah I reinstalled my drivers.

I used your method to unroot so I can get official jelly bean once I do that will the team epic root from recovery work to root again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #92  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Expydude View Post
    I used your method to unroot so I can get official jelly bean once I do that will the team epic root from recovery work to root again?

Yes it will but you will also have to reflash cwm recovery with Odin as well.
    Thanked by:

Cool so I can use the files on my pc or should I dl again that's what I used to root the first time with Odin 3.4 or should I use 3.7

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Expydude View Post
    Cool so I can use the files on my pc or should I dl again that's what I used to root the first time with Odin 3.4 or should I use 3.7

It wouldn't hurt to get up to date if you aren't already... as far as Odin. I can't tell any difference between the 2.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I just got me an S3 today, updated to Jelly Bean, and successfully rooted using the instructions. Done in less than 10 minutes

Can anyone explain to me what happens once you follow these steps? **I AM NOT A NOOB** when it comes to tech, but this is my 1st Android-based phone (Samsung S3 with AT&T I747). For fun, I followed the instructions here and got it to work. I also used the tool to load the new 4.1 operating system. But unlike Jailbreaking an iPhone, I have no idea what benefits I got from following these instructions?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Is there anyone here who came from a Palm OS device, and was a user of the Pimlico Datebk calendar app? I'm using Datebk on a Treo, and it's my most important app by far. (I live and die by my calendar.)

Can anyone tell me how the calendar on the Hero compares in capabilities? I'm particularly interested in how it handles (or doesn't) floating events, repeating events, and alarms.

Many thanks,

Bob
    1. You can now remove unwanted programs that were not removable before.
    2. You can flash mods, custom roms and kernels.
    3. Install and use apps that require root such as titanium backup.

These are a few things you can do. But remember, now that you have root access, you can also break your phone. NEVER FLASH ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS MADE FOR YOUR PHONE AND YOUR CARRIER.

I use my Samsung Galaxy WITHOUT a data plan even though it's an AT&T phone. My whole goal of following the instructions here is to update to the newest OS (Jelly Bean 4.1?). Is that what this will allow me to do? Also a jail broken iPhone has Cydia and 3rd party apps that may otherwise be blocked by Apple. Does having a root access to my phone unlock such capabilities?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by curious12 View Post
    I use my Samsung Galaxy WITHOUT a data plan even though it's an AT&T phone. My whole goal of following the instructions here is to update to the newest OS (Jelly Bean 4.1?). Is that what this will allow me to do? Also a jail broken iPhone has Cydia and 3rd party apps that may otherwise be blocked by Apple. Does having a root access to my phone unlock such capabilities?
    Rooting will not enable you to download unauthorized apps. You can already do that without rooting your phone. Go to system menu and enable unknown sources.

You could most likely update your phone without rooting as well. You should be able to update your phone using Samsung kies and a Wi-Fi cook connection.

Quick question I had nandroids of different ROMs on my external SD card when I went back to stock, updated via kies to jellybean and re-rooted. If I wanted to use those nandroids would they work or could they have been corrupted and I should get rid of them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast