How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Very straight forward instructions.
I rooted my phone just for curiosity :) I think I'll unroot it as I don't see much benefits for rooting.

Last edited:

rborelli

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
What I did was decrypted my phone before I rooted. I didn't want to take any chances. After I rooted, rather than having my phone encrypted again, I installed Touchdown as my Exchange client. My company approves this software and it restricts the app, not the phone. Hope this helps.

Bob

TwinSac

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Success!!! Having the video really helped me with the process. I will share my mistake: for some reason I chose to unzip the Team Epic Root From Recovery file and sent the unzipped folder to my phone. That really scared me when I didnt have the "unzip" option. I started the process all over and it worked out fine.

Now what should I do? Best way to get rid of bloatware??
Thanks again.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much. After much reading and watching of videos on you tube . I gave it a try thanks everything went smooth and easy.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Success!!! Having the video really helped me with the process. I will share my mistake: for some reason I chose to unzip the Team Epic Root From Recovery file and sent the unzipped folder to my phone. That really scared me when I didnt have the "unzip" option. I started the process all over and it worked out fine.

Now what should I do? Best way to get rid of bloatware??
Thanks again.

When I root a phone, I use titanium backup premium (or do they call it PRO?). I freeze (disable) one or two apps at a time, then wait to see if my system accepts it. Then I freeze another couple, etc. I don't actually uninstall an app until it's been frozen for several months and my system has shown no ill effects while the app has been disabled.

Sent from my GT-I9300

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am now officially rooted. Thank you very much.

What happens once the official JB update comes down the pipe.

Also, should I use recovery mode for backing up my current rom or is there an app that makes it easier to backup and load custom roms?

Again, thanks very much.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am now officially rooted. Thank you very much.

What happens once the official JB update comes down the pipe.

Also, should I use recovery mode for backing up my current rom or is there an app that makes it easier to backup and load custom roms?

Again, thanks very much.

There will be ways for the rooted people to update.There always is.

Last edited:

Airlsee

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my S3 a few weeks ago using this guide and everything worked flawlessly. About a week ago I updated the SuperUser binaries and now I get a "shell has been granted superuser permission" notification at random times. I've noticed it the most using Boat Browser, this didn't happen before I updated the binaries, so I am just wanting to go back to the version that was installed with this root. Do I need to do anything special or could I just follow the steps again even though my phone is already rooted, or is there an easier way to go about this?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my S3 a few weeks ago using this guide and everything worked flawlessly. About a week ago I updated the SuperUser binaries and now I get a "shell has been granted superuser permission" notification at random times. I've noticed it the most using Boat Browser, this didn't happen before I updated the binaries, so I am just wanting to go back to the version that was installed with this root. Do I need to do anything special or could I just follow the steps again even though my phone is already rooted, or is there an easier way to go about this?

Open support user app and go to settings. Make sure to turn off notifications.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88