Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: [Guide UPDATED] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock I747UCDLK3 JellyBean )

not working. . . Is it depend also in region?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: [Guide UPDATED] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock I747UCDLK3 JellyBean )

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Hernandez View Post
    not working. . . Is it depend also in region?
    It's for the SGHI747 what do you have and I will try and dig something up for you?
    I know there are several different N. America models. Do you have the SGH I747M?
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 01-17-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Sorry to say this but what is SGH I747M? Im just a noobie.

where can i find this SGH I747M?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Hernandez View Post
    where can i find this SGH I747M?
    Look in about phone in settings. It should show your model number.

So what exactly am I (if I follow this procedure) flashing to my I747UCALI5 w/CWM recovery & rooted AT&T S3?

Am I "removing" root or am I actually "flashing" a new ROM?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DJango Brown View Post
    So what exactly am I (if I follow this procedure) flashing to my I747UCALI5 w/CWM recovery & rooted AT&T S3?

Am I "removing" root or am I actually "flashing" a new ROM?
    You would be returning to STOCK unrooted official att software and firmware. It is a full image tar file. I have been told that it does NOT wipe any data, apps or settings.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    You would be returning to STOCK unrooted official att software and firmware. It is a full image tar file. I have been told that it does NOT wipe any data, apps or settings.
    Thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DJango Brown View Post
    Thanks
    Some people have been having problems with the md5 on the file in the original post. I plan to reupload the file this evening after work. The only differences with the file above and the file on the first page is one is zipped and the other is extracted already.

Hi, I went through your process in its entirety and ran triangle away, however, device status under settings still reads "Modified"

In download mode,
    custom binary download: No
    current binary: Samsung official
    System status: official

Please help, I really just want my phone to be completely restored to it's original state.

On the odin, i'm stuck on SetupConnection

<OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by xericc View Post
    On the odin, i'm stuck on SetupConnection

<OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    Is Odin showing anything in the id com block?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyHi View Post
    Hi, I went through your process in its entirety and ran triangle away, however, device status under settings still reads "Modified"

In download mode,
    custom binary download: No
    current binary: Samsung official
    System status: official

Please help, I really just want my phone to be completely restored to it's original state.
    I'm on rogers but had the same problem. I ran triangle away to reset the counter, then Odin flash stock then enter recovery (power + home + volume up) and wipe factory data and cache reboot then status was back to normal. Make sure you wipe cache/factory reset after flashing stock.

HI I see everything in the picture for the settings in ODIN but when I start all it stays on is initializing and doesn't do anything after
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ChillingFire View Post
    HI I see everything in the picture for the settings in ODIN but when I start all it stays on is initializing and doesn't do anything after
    Try changing cables and ports.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Hey, I'm currently on a cm 10.1 rom. Do I need to flash the official rom first before doing triangle away and using odin to unroot and remove the custom recovery? Or, will following the guide give it the standard rom?

edit: i'm looking to make my phone completely stock.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by lolwatpear View Post
    Hey, I'm currently on a cm 10.1 rom. Do I need to flash the official rom first before doing triangle away and using odin to unroot and remove the custom recovery? Or, will following the guide give it the standard rom?

edit: i'm looking to make my phone completely stock.
    You will need to run triangle away then return to stock using Odin and this guide.

Default Re: [Guide] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock)

This worked great! I had to do a data wipe in order to get passed the Samsung loading screen, but I wanted to do that anyways. Thanks!

It's for the SGHI747 what do you have and I will try and dig something up for you?
    I know there are several different N. America models. Do you have the SGH I747M?
    Hi I have the SGH I747M can I use these files here or I need other ones?

Thx.
    0fishal
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by 0fishal View Post
    Hi I have the SGH I747M can I use these files here or I need other ones?

Thx.
    0fishal
    I will look to see if I can find the year for your specific device when I get home from work.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

odin is run as administrator...checked pda box,,,locate file...does not work....message no binary selected
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jndrad View Post
    odin is run as administrator...checked pda box,,,locate file...does not work....message no binary selected
    I've never seen this one. Perhaps try downloading it again.

Global Posts
    3,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

@Skunkape60....Thank you, thank you. You saved my phone. Your unroot worked. It got me out of an Odin download lock, and back to exactly where I was before I used the S3 Toolkit, and screwed it up. Very grateful to you.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    @Skunkape60....Thank you, thank you. You saved my phone. Your unroot worked. It got me out of an Odin download lock, and back to exactly where I was before I used the S3 Toolkit, and screwed it up. Very grateful to you.
    Glad it helped. Those Odin lockups are normally caused by cheep usb chords, hooking your phone up to usb hub instead of directly to the computer. Also the ports in the back of your computer sometimes work better than the ones in the front.

Global Posts
    3,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Glad it helped. Those Odin lockups are normally caused by cheep usb chords, hooking your phone up to usb hub instead of directly to the computer. Also the ports in the back of your computer sometimes work better than the ones in the front.
    I was using my partitioned Mac, with the original usb cord. I guess that i figured if i could partition my Mac, i could root my phone. Guess i'm not ready yet. Again, thank you for your Unroot guide. I was seriously thinking of buying a new SGSIII.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast