[Guide UPDATED] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock I747UCDLK3 JellyBean )

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock)

Sorry. I ran out of bandwidth and had to buy more. Should be back up now...

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

So the only.way to unroot is via windows (can't use mac) ?

Or is paralles on mac an option?

Eight_bit

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

How are we rebooting into stock recovery ?
Stuck at the Samsung screen

EDIT...Got It !!! Thanks for all of your work on this thread !!!!:D

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

How are we rebooting into stock recovery ?
Stuck at the Samsung screen

EDIT...Got It !!! Thanks for all of your work on this thread !!!!:D

Pull out your battery. Put in your battery. Press and hold volume up, power and home buttons simultaneously. Release all 3 as soon as you see the Samsung on the screen. Your phone will boot into stock recovery.

Swearengen

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

To get into download mode press volume DOWN, power and home simultaneously until you see a warning. Then release all and press volume up. It will show your flash counts in the upper left portion of your screen.

OK. Thanks. I see it there now. I've seen the screen before but the font is so small that I missed the counter there. Also, I had no idea that there could be a different count there than what is displayed in Triangle Away.

Yet, it is good to be able to see your counter once you've reverted back to stock.

Belated Thanks for the file download link as well.

dibesh638

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

Hello guys,

My phone was stuck on screen with samsung after odin. I took the battery out and restarted in recovery mode, then i chose the wipe data/factory reset option. I was wondering how long does it take for this option? My phone has been stuck on the screen with Android logo with spinning shapes for a while. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Hello guys,

My phone was stuck on screen with samsung after odin. I took the battery out and restarted in recovery mode, then i chose the wipe data/factory reset option. I was wondering how long does it take for this option? My phone has been stuck on the screen with Android logo with spinning shapes for a while. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Try the factory reset again. If it still doesn't start, re download the tar file and flash in Odin again.

dibesh638

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I took the battery out and did system reboot from the recovery mode.

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Yes.... It will return to 100% stock ics.

@Skunkape60..sorry to ask again but is the only.way to unroot is via windows (can't use mac) or can I use an app like parallels that runs windows on my mac? I'm trying to prep to root (which I can do on my mac) but wanted to know what options I have if I need to unroot..thx

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

@Skunkape60..sorry to ask again but is the only.way to unroot is via windows (can't use mac) or can I use an app like parallels that runs windows on my mac? I'm trying to prep to root (which I can do on my mac) but wanted to know what options I have if I need to unroot..thx

There is a program called Hiemdall for Mac that replaces Odin on a mac computer. I really don't know how it is used or if the same files are used. I made a how to root guide on the xda at&t forum. One of the users there was able to use my guide using hiemdall. I will link his post below. Perhaps it will help. You could also pm him for more information.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Beginners Guide] Rooting the AT&T GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

There is a program called Hiemdall for Mac that replaces Odin on a mac computer. I really don't know how it is used or if the same files are used. I made a how to root guide on the xda at&t forum. One of the users there was able to use my guide using hiemdall. I will link his post below. Perhaps it will help. You could also pm him for more information.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Beginners Guide] Rooting the AT&T GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Thanks for the info....will do some research and give it s try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

DeathByBFG

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hey is it possible to reset the flash counter without having a rooted phone? I upgraded to Jelly Bean through AT&T but forgot to reset the flash counter before I did it. Or is my only option to root my phone then reset my flash counter then return to stock?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Hey is it possible to reset the flash counter without having a rooted phone? I upgraded to Jelly Bean through AT&T but forgot to reset the flash counter before I did it. Or is my only option to root my phone then reset my flash counter then return to stock?

No. Triangle away requires you to be rooted.

blaze53178

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Link for software not working. Odin works, but not the other. My phone is stuck on the downloading screen, what do I do?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Link for software not working. Odin works, but not the other. My phone is stuck on the downloading screen, what do I do?

Is auto reset checked? The link is working fine for me. Try again.

If the progress block in the upper left corner shows reset, you can unplug the phone from the computer, remove and replace the battery and restart the phone. if it gets hung on the Samsung screen. turn off the phone (remove and reinstall the battery) boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.

blaze53178

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Is auto reset checked? The link is working fine for me. Try again.

If the progress block in the upper left corner shows reset, you can unplug the phone from the computer, remove and replace the battery and restart the phone. if it gets hung on the Samsung screen. turn off the phone (remove and reinstall the battery) boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.

I tried the link again, keeps telling me that the webpage cannot be found.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I tried the link again, keeps telling me that the webpage cannot be found.

You are talking about this link?

I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1_I747UCALG1_HOME.tar.md5

Ok now I'm getting the same error. I will try and get it fixed from here at work. I may be able to provide a link to samsung updates. But it think they are 7 zip files. So you will need to download 7 zip to extract it. Give me a bit and I will update this post....

Try the link below... It is a temporary fix until I can get home and figure out what is happening to my file host service. It is probably an issue with media fire.

ISGH-I747_ATT_I747UCDLK3

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta