Looking for stock Jellybean experience

exr29070

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!

Really not interested in touchwiz or samsung/AT&Ts bloatware on my i747. Considering rooting and installing custom rom. In your experience, which ROM is closest to the stock Jellybean os thats purely google?

Thanks in advance!

rentedrainbow

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
First and foremost N00B here. Noob to the forum and to Android. I just got a Galaxy S3 (I747) yesterday and rooted it no problem and have Clockwork Mod Recovery. I'm trying to install cyanogenmod10 m2 on my phone but I keep getting an error. Installation aborts and says status 7. Any help would be amazing. Thanks guys.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I kept getting the same message until I reformatted my sd card to fat32 format then uploaded the rom back on to it and installed it.. Hopefully it will work for you too

Make sure to back up your current rom before you install :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rentedrainbow

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks man. If I'm not concerned about my current data do I still need to back up my current rom? Like is it a necessary step to installing custom roms?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to but in case something goes wrong you won't be bricked.
It's always recommended. But you don't have to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my iphone 5 and picked up a Galaxy. Has the screen flicker problem been fixed on this build? I want plain JB also and I want Google now. Can I add Google Now without flashing the ROM? I read somewhere I could be can't find that article any more.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I have Google Now added but I'm using the stock ROM. CyanogenMod 10 was too buggy for me. It was nice when it worked right.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Recovery (stock or custom) will not read exfat file system. Many 32gb sdcards come preformatted with the exfat file system. All 64gb sdcards come preformatted with the exfat file system. If you use your phone to format your sdcard it will also be formatted with the exfat file system. EasePartitionNaster will do a good job of formatting your sdcard to fat32. Which is what your sdcard should be to be used in recovery. see link below.

EaseUsPartitionMaster