Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock vs. Mods....and Bluetooth audio quality.

So I am a recent convert from the iPhone. I got myself a GS3 about two weeks ago, and am loving it. I pretty much immediately rooted it, and have tried both CM10 and AOKP. I loved both jellybean roms....but one single issue has me back and stock & staying there until I figure out what is causing this issue: extremely poor quality audio when i play music through my car's bluetooth audio. It sound HORRIBLE. It's either totally flat (with no EQ apps as in using Google Play) Or totally whacked out with distortion with Beats, Power Amp, etc. I trouble shot this for 4 days...until I finally decided to go back to stock and try it....and boom, that was it. Great sound now, right on par with my old iPhone 4. What on earth could this be? I know its kind of a tough question to answer without know exactly what i had installed....but I really want to find out & fix it!

Default Re: Stock vs. Mods....and Bluetooth audio quality.

Cm10 has an app built into the rom called dsp manager. Check that out and see if you can tweak some settings in it to get what you're looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

Quote Originally Posted by arminyack View Post
    So I am a recent convert from the iPhone. I got myself a GS3 about two weeks ago, and am loving it. I pretty much immediately rooted it, and have tried both CM10 and AOKP. I loved both jellybean roms....but one single issue has me back and stock & staying there until I figure out what is causing this issue: extremely poor quality audio when i play music through my car's bluetooth audio. It sound HORRIBLE. It's either totally flat (with no EQ apps as in using Google Play) Or totally whacked out with distortion with Beats, Power Amp, etc. I trouble shot this for 4 days...until I finally decided to go back to stock and try it....and boom, that was it. Great sound now, right on par with my old iPhone 4. What on earth could this be? I know its kind of a tough question to answer without know exactly what i had installed....but I really want to find out & fix it!
    It's a well known issue with CM10 that BT audio is not working correct. In the 'Stable' build there is no bass whatsoever via BT audio. There is a hacky workaround that involves playing music via BT then making a BT call, hanging up the call and then you get bass back until you reboot.

It's due to this and a few other issues that I'm just about ready to give up on CM10 for now.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I did that with mine. Hopefully a little fix will come out
    Bye iPhone Hello Samsung GS3

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I recently purchased a BT adapter to stream my music through to my car stereo and noticed the same issue... No Bass coming through the BT connection. I'm on a Sprint Galaxy S3. Currently on CM 10.0.0. I did try flashing an older CM10 nightly: CM-10-20120911-EXPERIMENTAL-d2spr-M1.zip. This version has no BT issues (for Bass anyway) and it appears that future updates have the problem. Wonder if the BT settings from that version can be ported into a newer nightly or if the BT files can be moved into the CM10.0.0 zip file somehow. Trying to find the right XDA forum thread to post this comment there as well.

Yes, I figured out that work around today..

Make a BT call.. Hang up and boom.. Audio works correctly.. I was about to give up on CM10 because of that also. I love everything else about it.. except that touch wiz SS method of sliding hand across screen. I do miss that.