Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shanicenicolle
  • 1 Post By RobbieL811
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    So I was going to flash cm10 and changed my mind. So I now have two questions

    1. When jb becomes available for ATT will I have to unroot?

    2. Should I Uninstall the cm recovery and if so, how would I go about this?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my Red GS3
    Progrmmr likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    So I was going to flash cm10 and changed my mind. So I now have two questions

    1. When jb becomes available for ATT will I have to unroot?

    2. Should I Uninstall the cm recovery and if so, how would I go about this?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sent from my Red GS3
    When the update becomes available through OTA, yes you will have to unroot. You can download Voodoo OTA root keeper & try that. If that doesn't work, you will lose root when you flash the Jellybean update. When you get ready to OFFICIALLY update your best bet is probably gonna be to flash back to stock firmware through Odin, essentially completely resetting your phone & then apply the OTA update from there. That is of course if the Voodoo app doesn't work. I've never used it so I don't know.

    Edit* He'll, I would continue to run CM10 until the update comes if you like it. You can take the steps I mentioned on the day of the update.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL811 View Post
    When the update becomes available through OTA, yes you will have to unroot. You can download Voodoo OTA root keeper & try that. If that doesn't work, you will lose root when you flash the Jellybean update. When you get ready to OFFICIALLY update your best bet is probably gonna be to flash back to stock firmware through Odin, essentially completely resetting your phone & then apply the OTA update from there. That is of course if the Voodoo app doesn't work. I've never used it so I don't know.

    Edit* He'll, I would continue to run CM10 until the update comes if you like it. You can take the steps I mentioned on the day of the update.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea I'm leaning towards it I'm a little afraid to flash lol

    Sent from my Red GS3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Yea I'm leaning towards it I'm a little afraid to flash lol

    Sent from my Red GS3
    I wouldn't do anything thing that worried you even if it was just a little bit. Just wait a little while if you are uncomfortable flashing. The JB update SHOULDN'T be too far away but you never know with AT&T!!! If you need any help when it comes time to update, just PM me & I'll help as much as I can. It shouldn't be too hard though...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL811 View Post
    I wouldn't do anything thing that worried you even if it was just a little bit. Just wait a little while if you are uncomfortable flashing. The JB update SHOULDN'T be too far away but you never know with AT&T!!! If you need any help when it comes time to update, just PM me & I'll help as much as I can. It shouldn't be too hard though...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks I appreciate it. I used rom manager and got stuck on the splash screen for cm10, just reloaded Mt backup and I'm fine but I guess I'll just leave it be lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Thanks I appreciate it. I used rom manager and got stuck on the splash screen for cm10, just reloaded Mt backup and I'm fine but I guess I'll just leave it be lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    If you want to download CM10, I always get it from get.cm. You have to make sure that you have your device selected on the left side of the page. If you have an at&t GS3, it would be d2att. Download the latest nightly & then boot into CWM manually & flash it that way. That's how I do it anyways.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL811 View Post
    If you want to download CM10, I always get it from get.cm. You have to make sure that you have your device selected on the left side of the page. If you have an at&t GS3, it would be d2att. Download the latest nightly & then boot into CWM manually & flash it that way. That's how I do it anyways.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    I may try again this way then. I'll report back with the results!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    I may try again this way then. I'll report back with the results!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    You know that you need to download the latest Gapps and flash them while you are flashing CM10 right.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Yep! I read that the rom manager did everything but I guess not. I'll just dig up the tutorial I was going to use and try it that way

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Yep! I read that the rom manager did everything but I guess not. I'll just dig up the tutorial I was going to use and try it that way

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Just download goomanager from the play store. You can get the latest signed Gapps from there. Then download CM10 from get.cm. Then boot into CWM & flash as you normally do.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Did anyone think it was going to be this bad?
    By bearballz72 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
  2. Unlock the bootloader if I am not going to flash custom Roms?
    By Gtronic in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 05:40 AM
  3. Best Buy DID think it was going to be called the Nexus Prime!
    By Vance14 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 06:45 PM
  4. The "I was going to get the Evo 3D" Thread
    By tuna83 in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

B