Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Questions from an iPhone user

I'm an iPhone user and between rooting and jail breaking I have a few questions
    Like iPhone waiting to jailbreak sometimes it takes months to come out with an official jailbreak
    For new android phones that come out do you have to wait or does every android phone can be rooted on day 1?
    I'm a themer so I'm spoiled to jail breaking. So far I'm not totally convinced about an android but in the future I know I can root
    Also for iPhone there is cydia where you can download all your themes, tweaks ect. Is there a certain app that android uses to do that as well?

Thanks in advance

ROM
    ThunderStick Full Blown

Default Re: Rooting Questions from an iPhone user

usually when a phone comes out it takes it a while to root it. i've never waited more than a couple weeks though. then again i dont usally get brand new android phones.
    Apple Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado87 View Post
    I'm a themer so I'm spoiled to jail breaking. So far I'm not totally convinced about an android but in the future I know I can root
    I have not rooted yet but you do not need to in order to theme. You can install launchers from stock that will allow you to customize home and lock screens, layouts and many other features. I am considering it because I am used to the N7 without blase from ATT and Samsung. Plus maybe an extra few hours of battery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Ambassador

I ordered my phone pre release. I got the phone a full week before it was sold in stores. My gs3 was rooted the 2nd day I had it. So I had my gs3 rooted before it as even released in stores.

So how long it takes for phones to have root methods are different. Is it going to be a wildly popular device? Did it come without a locked boot loader? IMO... Those are the two biggest determining factors on how long it is going to take for a new phone to get root.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif