Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GS3 on CM10.1 How to Get to Official 4.1

I apologize, but I can't find the answer anywhere here or other forums. I am new to flashing so please don't tear me up.

I'm currently rooted, have CMW, and running cm 10.1. I would like to try out the official At&T Jellybean ROM, but I can't find anywhere how to. I would like to keep my root so I can restore my titanium backup, but I'm not apposed to re-rooting if I need to "Unroot".

So does anyone have a good link on getting my GS3 back to the official AT&T system?

Thank you!

Default Re: GS3 on CM10.1 How to Get to Official 4.1

This thread might help you out this is how I personally updated to the official rom . thank skunkape60 for providing the great thread.http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2218845

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's the post I actually found later to complete the task. Thanks for the help!

Useless info from me...I just wanted to try the official GS3 JB to see the improvements over ICS. I went back to CM10 within a couple of hours. CM10 has some annoyances like the screen not responding to the home button while sleeping sometimes and occasionally the screen doesn't wake on a call and I have to fumble with it to answer. If you like the basics Android feel of CM10 on the GS3, you will not be impressed with the Samsung ROM. Svoice is awful compared to Google Voice Search, and they are trying to do too many things IMO.

Glad i could help! Yea I totally agree official ROM is a let down and not near as "buttery smooth" as they made it out to be. Have you tried aokp, thats 's a very smooth and stable ROM .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I tried the new AOKP Rom that was released Jan 1 and I went back to stock. New 4.2.1 didn't work well with most app and couldn't sync Facebook contacts to phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Haven't tried AOPK, pretty new to flashing so CM10 is the only ROM I'v tried.

I did try the CM10.1 (4.2.1) ROM on my GS3 from the Dec 31 Nightly and it seemed to work well, except any audio file I tried to play with any app would freeze the entire OS. No music or podcasts is a deal breaker for me so went back.

I can understand that I havent tried any 4.2 ROM yet. I probley won't try them till there stable builds. If you want to try a really nice ROM kalisjr's wicked sensations port is awesome.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2