Custom Rom.. need some help.

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I love some of the cyanogenmod 10 features. My favorite being the quick reply where you can reply without going to the messages app. I currently have android 4.1.1 on my phone because it has way more features that I love. Is there a way I can get the cyanogenmod 10 messages app or even just the quick reply feature on android 4.1.1? I pulled the apk out of the cgm10 files and tried to install it but it wouldnt let me because "a package with the same already exist with a different signature". So I tried deleting the messages app (I made a backup before hand) off the phone (I can only view my root directory from my phone because I cant find a program to do it on my computer) then installing it but I dont have the permissions to do so and idk how to get the permissions. Any help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried personally, but I'm pretty sure the messaging app from cm10 wont work on a TouchWiz rom. Also you need to mount /system as rewritable to move apps in there. Use a file explorer app that can request root permissions such as es file explorer or root explorer to mount /system as rewritable.

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I got droid explorer on my pc last night. Im trying to delete my messages app now and install theirs. I got superuser.apk from cgm10. Now to get the messages some how.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Wait, your phone is rooted right? You shouldn't need the superuser.apk from cm10. The easiest way to get the app is to download the stable version of cm10 then extract the sms app from the zip file.

I have extracted the sms.apk just put it in the app folder in /system. Be warned though, I have no idea what this will do. Might work great, might screw things up. Link for the apk is below.
http://db.tt/ar57WrhY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well the reason I got cgm10 superuser is because none would work right with my phone and give me special permissions. This one is working fine tho. And i hope it works. I extracted it and it didnt work. I have made a backup so if anything ill restore back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt