1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM 10.1 camera opens straight to gallery

I'm running the latest CM 10.1 Nightlies on my SGH i747 (ATT/Rogers/Telus) Galaxy S3.

I've recently started getting this weird bug where the camera app opens straight to the gallery. Whether I open the camera app from my home screen or from the lockscreen, the result is the same. I see the camera UI for a split second, then straight to the gallery. I eventually get the camera app if I hit back a couple times or if I swipe to the left of my most recent picture.

Any ideas on how to squash this?

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Default Re: CM 10.1 camera opens straight to gallery

Try clearing the application data for Gallery in settings. It won't delete any of your pictures.
    Always rooted.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Ronnie,

I had tried this previously and it didn't work. I am considering wiping my phone and reinstalling CM and GAPPS.

Did you do a full wipe and cache clear before going to 10.1? Do your gapps match your version of 10.1 (prob doesn't matter just curious)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes I fully wiped the device including the cache. The Gapps are the latest batch (12/12/2012).

I have since started from scratch and wiped + reinstalled everything. I've tried switching to the 'M snapshot' release of CM10.1 but with no luck.

Discovered a new bug: When I try to open the gallery from within another app (for example, share a photo on WhatsApp or set a contact's display picture) the gallery opens twice, with the 'default' gallery on top. So instead of getting the crop option for my contact's picture I am simply looking at the photo as if I had opened the gallery from my home screen. Very annoying!

Maybe I will try another rom. Any suggestions?

I hate to say it, but go back to 10.0 and wait until they put 10.1 on the official list.
    I want to switch so bad because of the new camera feature in 4.2, but I'm waiting until the official version is out or at least a stable candidate on the CM site.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for your help cpoly. I'll go back to 10.0 or maybe I'll give AOKP a try.
    Thanked by: