General Guidelines for Dirty Flashing
I just dirty flashed an upgrade to my Paranoidkandroid Rom from 2.01 to 2.1. Both are 4.2.2 Jellybean but the Gapps file was updated as well.
Goo Manager flagged an update so I downloaded and flashed both the updated Rom and Gaaps file without clearing cache or Davlik cache. All seems to work fine..
Anyone have a general guideline they use for dirty flashing? I would hate to dirty flash and end up with an issue. Also, how would I get to the changelog through either Goo Manager or TWRP?
- 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM #2
Re: General Guidelines for Dirty Flashing
Doing a dirty flash is exactly as it implies.. You flash without wiping anything. Although it wouldn't hurt to clear cache/dalvik cache. The main thing is NOT wiping data which is the whole purpose of a dirty flash to keep your data in tact.
Only thing I would add is to allow Goo Manager or TWRP/CWM to make a backup before completing the flash in the event something work out you can return/restore back to your ' working '' setup.
Changelogs usually aren't provided by the developer via Goo Manager, at least not that I have ever found. You have to visit the developers thread at supported sites or the devs homepage.
- 03-19-2013, 11:46 AM #4
- 03-19-2013, 12:49 PM #6
- By me2151 in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 04-15-2012, 04:53 PM
- By ffoghorn in forum AT&T LG Phoenix/ThriveReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
- By Somethingsfishy in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 18Last Post: 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM
- By omg_vtec in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 05-02-2011, 03:46 PM
- By LeslieAnn in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 11Last Post: 04-25-2011, 10:21 AM