group texting with Jelly Bean 4.2?

studmule

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've read that with Jelly Bean 4.2, they finally have implemented group messaging with the stock messaging app. Has anyone confirmed this with a Jelly Bean 4.2 rom on an AT&T GS3? I saw a screen shot where the option to turn group messaging on or off was in the properties of the messaging app. I have tried two different versions of the 4.2.2, and have not seen the option in the settings on either of them. I can't test it yet because I'm waiting for my nano sim adapter to arrive in the mail so I can use my nano sim from my iPhone 5. I want to go back to my GS3 full time, but I really need group texting to work, preferably with the stock messaging app.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I've read that with Jelly Bean 4.2, they finally have implemented group messaging with the stock messaging app. Has anyone confirmed this with a Jelly Bean 4.2 rom on an AT&T GS3? I saw a screen shot where the option to turn group messaging on or off was in the properties of the messaging app. I have tried two different versions of the 4.2.2, and have not seen the option in the settings on either of them. I can't test it yet because I'm waiting for my nano sim adapter to arrive in the mail so I can use my nano sim from my iPhone 5. I want to go back to my GS3 full time, but I really need group texting to work, preferably with the stock messaging app.

AT&T's GS3 is only on Android 4.1.1 officially. You will probably have to wait until the GS4 is released to get a definite answer as that will be the first phone on AT&T with (official) 4.2.2.

studmule

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
True, but there are several 4.2.2 unofficial roms already out there. I was hoping to find out if the group messaging actually was working with the stock messaging app on any of those.

kashk5

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm running a 4.2.2 ROM on my Note 2 (Liquid Smooth to be exact) and I can confirm that it supports group messaging. The stock messaging app has a group messaging option, but it comes disabled by default. The setting is under the Multimedia (MMS) Messages heading near the middle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87