How do I install CyanogenMod 10.1 RC on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-i747?

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I know this might sound VERY dumb, but I am a complete noob at rooting. I just rooted my phone, and I want to install CyanogenMod 10.1 Release candidate. Apparently it just came out today, so how would I go about installing this? Will it include all the google apps like Play store, Hangouts, all that? Or will I have to install them manually?

Bottom line is, I found a few videos on YouTube, but most of the videos were for the i9300. This video here at How to install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the Samsung Galaxy S3 / III - YouTube seemed to be informative, but confused me very much.
This video at HOW TO INSTALL CYANOGENMOD 10.1 ON ALL GALAXY S3's [ALL VARIANTS CM10.1] - YouTube also seemed good, but it says you have to have an external SD card, which I do not have.

Does anyone know of a simple way to install CyanogenMod 10.1, in plain english?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the sdcard part, you should still be able to place the ROM zip file and GAPPS zip file (Google Play Store, Hangouts, etc.) on your internal storage partition to flash via custom recovery.

In answer to your other question as I stated above you will need to make sure you grab the associated GAPPS file package to flash AFTER you install the ROM so you can have all the main/common Google Apps like Play Store, Hangouts, GMail, etc...

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the sdcard part, you should still be able to place the ROM zip file and GAPPS zip file (Google Play Store, Hangouts, etc.) on your internal storage partition to flash via custom recovery.

In answer to your other question as I stated above you will need to make sure you grab the associated GAPPS file package to flash AFTER you install the ROM so you can have all the main/common Google Apps like Play Store, Hangouts, GMail, etc...
Very good, but I got an error message when I tried to install cyanogenmod.... it said installation aborted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34