Titanium Backup with new phone

Drerunsit

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. So, I'm thinking I will probably grab the Galaxy Note III when it releases. I was just wondering if I will be able to restore Apps+Data from my GS3 to the GN3 using Titanium Backup? From what I have been able to find through searching, there are various opinions. One which concerns me is the widely-accepted advice that the restore should only be done for apps and NOT the data associated with each app. It makes me wonder what the point of using TB is if I can just let my Google account populate my new phone with all of my apps.

Any chance at a concrete answer on this? If TB can't accomplish app+data migration from phone to phone, I would very much like to know if there is an alternative method which will work. Thank you in advance.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The reason people say not to restore app data between Roms or devices is that sometimes the app data could cause problems on your new device/ROM. You can just copy the files from your titanium backup folder and put them in the same folder on your new device. That usually works fine but sometimes not. Worst case scenario is the app crashes and you have to clear the data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37