1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T S3: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

Hello,

I have a SGH-I747 AT&T on which I tried to change to a custom ROM. I have successfully done this before, I just panicked this time and pulled the plug on my phone due to my computer saying it would restart in 15 minutes and I didn't have the option to stop it. Now when I turn it on, an error comes as follows:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
    Warranty Bit: 1
    BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2

Firmware uprgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.

Now, I've tried following a few guides. However, I always get stuck on the part where they ask me to upload PDA to Odin because Odin doesn't show the .tar.md5 in any directory. When I add the location of the PDA to Odin, it shows up, however, the flash to stock ROM fails immediately. Please tell me what I might be doing wrong. Also, most sites direct you to samsung-updates.com for a stock ROM. However, due to the Hotfile shutdown, I have not been able to find my stock ROM anywhere. Please direct me to a good site where I can find a good unrooted or unmodded stock ROM, preferrably v4.3. Maybe direction do a good guide might help. Also, I am able to go into download mode, but not recovery.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-12-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Global Posts
    13,873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Cidambi View Post
    Hello,

I have a SGH-I747 AT&T on which I tried to change to a custom ROM. I have successfully done this before, I just panicked this time and pulled the plug on my phone due to my computer saying it would restart in 15 minutes and I didn't have the option to stop it. Now when I turn it on, an error comes as follows:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
    CURRENT BINARY: Custom
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
    Warranty Bit: 1
    BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2

Firmware uprgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.

Now, I've tried following a few guides. However, I always get stuck on the part where they ask me to upload PDA to Odin because Odin doesn't show the .tar.md5 in any directory. When I add the location of the PDA to Odin, it shows up, however, the flash to stock ROM fails immediately. Please tell me what I might be doing wrong. Also, most sites direct you to samsung-updates.com for a stock ROM. However, due to the Hotfile shutdown, I have not been able to find my stock ROM anywhere. Please direct me to a good site where I can find a good unrooted or unmodded stock ROM, preferrably v4.3. Maybe direction do a good guide might help. Also, I am able to go into download mode, but not recovery.
    Might there be some ROM library on XDA that doesn't use Hotfile? I agree that Hotfile shutting down is horrible.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

I agree, and there are, however, the problem I have mentioned I am having with Odin is preventing me from doing anything with any PDA.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am now able to use PDA files by using a different account. However, the flashing process fails after it says "NAND Write Start!!". The exact text is as follows:

<ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What is wrong?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Someone please help!