AT&T S3: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again
I have a SGH-I747 AT&T on which I tried to change to a custom ROM. I have successfully done this before, I just panicked this time and pulled the plug on my phone due to my computer saying it would restart in 15 minutes and I didn't have the option to stop it. Now when I turn it on, an error comes as follows:
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2
Firmware uprgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.
Now, I've tried following a few guides. However, I always get stuck on the part where they ask me to upload PDA to Odin because Odin doesn't show the .tar.md5 in any directory. When I add the location of the PDA to Odin, it shows up, however, the flash to stock ROM fails immediately. Please tell me what I might be doing wrong. Also, most sites direct you to samsung-updates.com for a stock ROM. However, due to the Hotfile shutdown, I have not been able to find my stock ROM anywhere. Please direct me to a good site where I can find a good unrooted or unmodded stock ROM, preferrably v4.3. Maybe direction do a good guide might help. Also, I am able to go into download mode, but not recovery.
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-12-2014 at 11:31 PM.
- 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
Re: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again
I am now able to use PDA files by using a different account. However, the flashing process fails after it says "NAND Write Start!!". The exact text is as follows:
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
What is wrong?
- By androidashlea in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
- By hell911 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
- By Nibs in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
- By bobcagin in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2014, 03:01 AM
- By quay69 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2014, 10:10 AM