AT&T pushed update bricks my rooted phone
The most recent AT&T update started on my phone and now it won't boot up. Holding buttons during startup presents a Samsung logo with small blue print in upper corned saying recovery, but never goes anywhere else. I can't remember what I used to root the thing a few months ago, but it looks like I downloaded Odin back during that time but didn't end up using it. I still have the .tar file I used when I did it.
I did the thing that I needed to root the phone for, so I am not tied to returning to a rooted state. Can someone advise as to the best way to get to functional, if there is one.
- 03-15-2014, 11:01 AM #2
Re: AT&T pushed update bricks my rooted phone
This can potentially happen when you root devices and accept OTA updates. You can try to reflash a stock ROM using Odin and getting into download mode.
- 03-15-2014, 05:12 PM #5
- By mhinc in forum Telus Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 10-23-2014, 10:22 AM
- By BBFunGuy in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 03-30-2014, 03:26 AM
- By tea-bag in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2014, 03:40 PM
- By matthew2225 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 03-15-2014, 10:57 AM
- By califmike2003 in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2014, 10:51 AM