Rooted GS3 would like some Rom Recommends????
Hey newer to the Android Central Family, everyone that has answered questions for me has been awesome!
So i figure i would ask and see what every thinks. I am a regional truck driver, I am looking for a rom that is smooth with a bit of customization and hopefully better than stock battery life. Now that being said i know i may not be able to get all of these, one of the biggest thing that is a must have with no glitching is i need Google maps to work without and issues.
I am curious if any of you tried MIUI i used this a while back but have not in a long time. I am open to all suggestion as well as if you are willing to help a newb go threw the final steps to install. I have done the complete root now cannot remember what is after.
Thanks again to all those that read and get back to me you are an awesome group
- 04-07-2014, 02:18 AM #2
- 1,054 Posts
Re: Rooted GS3 would like some Rom Recommends????
Used MIUI in the past and I didn't really like it. Has some nice features, but I prefer the UI of AOSP ROMs.
Of all the S3 ROMs I've tried I would suggest Omni, Cyanogenmod, Vanir, and Slim. All are pretty stable and get good battery life. CM is the most popular, but the other ROMs have more features. You'll be able to use Google Play and Maps if you install the proper Gapps. The easiest way to flash ROMs is by using the ROM installer in the ROM Toolbox app.
Just make a backup in custom recovery (TWRP or CWM), clear data and cache, and install ROM and Gapps.
And if you want CM you can use the CM installer on their site.
CyanogenMod | Android Community Operating System
- By willstilson in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 8Last Post: 04-15-2014, 03:27 PM
- By Lj Lj in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 04-07-2014, 05:06 PM
- By Lj Lj in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
- By Skrail in forum Cricket Optimus CReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM
- By graffixnyc in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2014, 05:39 PM