Demo model

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
How soon before we see a demo model in stores?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to a good friend who is a salesman for AT&T wireless and he said they only get a week notice from AT&T before they get a new phone. The notice is because they get an email or soem communication from Corporate that the phone has shipped to them. He didn't have a date yet for the S3.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a good friend who is a salesman for AT&T wireless and he said they only get a week notice from AT&T before they get a new phone. The notice is because they get an email or soem communication from Corporate that the phone has shipped to them. He didn't have a date yet for the S3.

This isn't true. AT&T doesn't provide any information to stores or sales reps. Android Central, Engadget, and The Verge will have info posted before My CSP ever has any information about an upcoming device. By the time a sales rep sees an email or a posting about new info, it's already all over the tech blogs.

If you're wondering about something, and you can't find it online, posting on a forum won't find you the answer.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This isn't true. AT&T doesn't provide any information to stores or sales reps. Android Central, Engadget, and The Verge will have info posted before My CSP ever has any information about an upcoming device. By the time a sales rep sees an email or a posting about new info, it's already all over the tech blogs.

If you're wondering about something, and you can't find it online, posting on a forum won't find you the answer.

You need to realize what I am saying and what this thread is about. It is about a demo phone and when it will be in the store. It is 100% accurate as I typed it. I don't know when BB, RS or other retailers get their demos but I do know how the AT&T stores gets their demo phones. Quit trying to act like you know everything and read before you type.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to realize what I am saying and what this thread is about. It is about a demo phone and when it will be in the store. It is 100% accurate as I typed it. I don't know when BB, RS or other retailers get their demos but I do know how the AT&T stores gets their demo phones. Quit trying to act like you know everything and read before you type.

The reason I posted is because I DO know everything about the topic. I'm not claiming something that my buddy told me. I'm telling you what I know to be true. AT&T doesn't notify anyone for when to expect their demos. They just show up with the manager's name on the box. That's all the notice they get. Exactly zero.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The reason I posted is because I DO know everything about the topic. I'm not claiming something that my buddy told me. I'm telling you what I know to be true. AT&T doesn't notify anyone for when to expect their demos. They just show up with the manager's name on the box. That's all the notice they get. Exactly zero.

I know differently and we aren't going to agree obviously so I'm done. Think what you want and I'll do the same.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I know differently and we aren't going to agree obviously so I'm done. Think what you want and I'll do the same.

anothernewphone is actually right. My friend is a store manager at ATT. I've been asking him for awhile when the SG3 was coming out. The news hit The Verge, before he even know it.

Also, he said they won't get a demo model in until only a few days before the launch.

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well i was hoping a display model would be available uber early like the HTC oneX but so far nothing.. I've resorted to calling all the carrier stores in my area every day since the pre orders have begun...