Anyone else having preorder issues?

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Trying to place my order for a $199.99 GS3 using ATTs website using my upgrade.

Price on the upgrade site states: 299.99 with a $100 INSTANT rebate on all samsung phones. However, I can't get the $100 to apply to my order. I've called ATT and no one can tell me why this is and they say it should be $199.

Log in to ATT, check for upgrade eligibility. See that I am eligible and off to the store. Add the white GS3 to my cart and get directed to add a data plan.

I add:
Unlimited Personal Data Plan for 4G LTE Smartphones
21% Service Discount

Summary
Total One-Time Charges*:
$335.99
----------------------------------

Lady on the phone said to go all the way to the end before confirming and the discount would be applied. No, no it wasn't. I have read on xda that a few had this trouble as well. I have no idea how this is to be fixed :(

lakergirl21

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem last night. Called this morning and they fixed it for me. They said something about the system not being updated and showing I was eligible for an upgrade. I suggest you try calling again. :)

Last edited:

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone (3rd time). They still had no idea. I'll just wait it out until tomorrow when I have time to deal with them.

Is there any magic word I need to say to these people?

Last edited:

sully5059

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem so I just went into a store and upgraded no problem (didn't have to make any plan changes, and I'm still on the $15 data plan).

He said I was the 2nd person to come in after having a problem with the website.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
i went into a company store and pre-ordered the Pebble Blue for $218 USD. It should be delivered on or before June 21st to the store thus saving the delivery charge.

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the issue resolved. I hope......

I was originally on a familytalk 450 plan. This is not a "recognized" plan as it is given by the cancellation department. So, I went back and spoke with cancellations about it and this is how they fixed it. They changed my plan to familytalk 550, I ordered the phone, and then they changed it back to the 450 plan.

A lot of BS hoops to jump through.

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have problems. In the past on my family plan I had similar problems. I called and they told me the discount only applied to the 'anchor' number. If my wife upgraded it wouln't apply because I was the anchor since I am the one with the plan, she is just on it. So what I started doing for everyone on my plan (5 of us) is when we were going to upgrade to get the discount, I call and have the 'anchor number' changed. Pain, but it has always worked.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have problems. In the past on my family plan I had similar problems. I called and they told me the discount only applied to the 'anchor' number. If my wife upgraded it wouln't apply because I was the anchor since I am the one with the plan, she is just on it. So what I started doing for everyone on my plan (5 of us) is when we were going to upgrade to get the discount, I call and have the 'anchor number' changed. Pain, but it has always worked.

Interesting. We have 4 phones and I have not noticed this issue. I am not the "anchor" and I had no problems. I am a signer on the account, maybe that counts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

krmill

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I experienced the same problem (tried to preorder online on 6/6, currently on a grandfathered family plan, didn't get the $100 discount) and did the same thing others have done: went in to a company store on 6/7 and preordered the phone. Guessing the same as others have guessed: there was an issue with the ordering system on 6/6 that they fixed by 6/7.