Phonedog Review of AT&T S3

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the LTE is a battery hog. Oh well, should still be better than my Skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will still be beat the skyrocket. But you can get three batteries and a wall charger on eBay for 13.99...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will still be beat the skyrocket. But you can get three batteries and a wall charger on eBay for 13.99...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but the $13.99 is not for the battery with the NFC chip. That is for generic battery wiithout the NFC chip.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how some have used both and think they're identical in speed and others think the quadcore Exynos is faster. My guess is that they're on par with each other.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Phil does a good job, but he's forever bashing TW and is obviously a Sense fan boy. My feeling is that if you're going to do a review, do it OBJECTIVELY rather than inserting your personal comments about software, etc. The same holds true with the guy on Phone Dog who is a major Apple fan boy. Reviews are always best when done by someone simply reviewing the device and stating the pros/cons as it relates to the device, not their personal tastes. My two Sense, LOL

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love reviews that show as little bias as possible. I hate when reviewers start bashing a product of lets say TW just because they don't like it, or Sense. If it drags down the system, than I can understand but it truly undermines their effort when it clearly starts to show which way the review is heading.

TW might not be the prettiest launcher but it has come a long way in speed.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree; a review should be about the product, and how it works in general. I used to watch CNET reviews years ago (for Nokia 6220, and such devices - showing my age here!) and loved how they did it.

One should be able to walk away from a review with a definition of whether they want to buy the device or not based on its functions, support, and general use.

I love reviews that show as little bias as possible. I hate when reviewers start bashing a product of lets say TW just because they don't like it, or Sense. If it drags down the system, than I can understand but it truly undermines their effort when it clearly starts to show which way the review is heading.

TW might not be the prettiest launcher but it has come a long way in speed.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Navi.. speaking of Cnet, I have the Cnet today app on my Roku and last night they did a review of the AT&T GS3 and named it Editor's Choice for 2012. Not sure if that actually means anything but they seem to be tough on many products (and cars too), so at least they're paying tribute to a great device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance