Got my att s3 in the mail today ...couple of thoughts

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
1... had to go to att and get a micro sim.

2..Light flow does not seem to work there is always a green light on when screen is off

Coming from the galaxy nexus.. here are some differences I see

1.. screen is brighter
2..lock screen has a lot more features .. but cant seem to figure how to change the wallpaper in the lock screen
3.. much better build and MUCH Faster..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
1... had to go to att and get a micro sim.

2..Light flow does not seem to work there is always a green light on when screen is off

Coming from the galaxy nexus.. here are some differences I see

1.. screen is brighter
2..lock screen has a lot more features .. but cant seem to figure how to change the wallpaper in the lock screen
3.. much better build and MUCH Faster..

+1 on the light flow app. Uninstalled.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, why did you have to go to ATT to get sim card? Mine came with one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The SIII looks like an awesome device. I think that I'll wait on it and enjoy jelly bean on my Nexus from Google Play.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So far I love the screen, how the phone feels in the hand, and the overall look. I like all the added features and benefits though most are still gimmicky and need to be updated. Pretty impressed though. This is the first phone I could honestly see myself keeping for a long time. I usually switch every couple of months but I think the SIII and I will be friends for a long while.

jbarrack

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback. I too am switching from the Galaxy Nexus (as soon as it gets here). I'd love to hear any other feedback you have ... pro's and con's from one to the other. Thanks!

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
With regards to Lightflow, I sure hope it ends up working, the developer seems to really be on top of things with respect to upgrades, testing on new phones, etc.

I've had multi-color LED notifications on my BlackBerry for several years now, and will definitely miss that if I can't get the S3 to do the same - have been counting on Lightflow.

jbarrack

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
How is the volume as compared to the GNex?

The GNex volume on the unlocked version is deplorable. The speaker volume is very low and the earpiece as well.

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have emailed the developer of lightflow here is his response..and will use NOLED app till lightflow gets fix
---------------------------

This is something I've been looking into with Roy from xxxxxx.com samsung seem to have screwed up on the colors on the US version. The app always shows a "black" led when the screen is off and there's no notifications, but for some reason it's showing as green.

Could you try a couple of things for me to try and help see if there's a way around it.

Firstly does it stay on solid, or does it flash at all?
If you get a notification in, does it change to just the new color?
If it does change, if you set a flash speed in the notification (e.g. fast) does the led actually blink or stay solid?
Finally if you have a play with testing custom colors, could you see if any of them don't produce the green, but actually don't show a notification at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got the euro s3 and that doesn't have these issues at all, but the hardware is totally different.
Cheers
Andrew

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every phone I have/used I always load VOLUME+ by Meltus.. and never a LOW volume problem ..which works well on the SGSIII

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The screen is much better then the GNEX .. and it feels better..

Since I came from the GNEX (pure google)..I have noticed that the menu button in SGSII .. does different things and not used to it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also am not too pleased with the HOME (middle) botton.. It actually takes an effort to make it work and go back home