Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

In addition to S Planner being replaced by the Calendar app, I also noticed that the color saturation setting appears to be missing.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,288 Global Posts

Not sure what this is about exactly. But if you\someone explains how I can check it, I'll check it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by calvin35 View Post
    Can someone check if this is available in the US versions?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

As long as I use it indoors it's great.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,288 Global Posts

I used Flipboard when it was first released on iOS, just to say that I used it. But, lately I've been trying it more and more, and will add Facebook to it to see how well it works...

I have the Facebook app installed, BUT, I have notifications off. I could have sworn for the moment I had notifications on, the battery was getting killed. Then again, it is just a social media app, so who needs notifications

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    Bueller....Bueller....anyone? Anyone have an answer to this question?

First thing that stands out to me is the screen. I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus and to me this screen is much bigger and brighter. You don't realize how much extra space you get in apps and on the screen when you remove the on screen buttons.

Second thing, size and weight. Its VERY thin and light. Third, and most important for me, the volume. It seems to be twice as loud as the GNex.

So far, I'm in love.. One thing I don't like is the AT&T bloatware. This is the first Android phone I've purchased from a carrier and that junk has got to go. I just hid the apps for now. Eventually I'll root and remove.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I used Flipboard when it was first released on iOS, just to say that I used it. But, lately I've been trying it more and more, and will add Facebook to it to see how well it works...

I have the Facebook app installed, BUT, I have notifications off. I could have sworn for the moment I had notifications on, the battery was getting killed. Then again, it is just a social media app, so who needs notifications
    I started a thread about this issue. It has been suggested that Facebook is a battery hog. The Friendcaster app has been suggested. I have used the Facebook and Twitter app links in Flipboard but was concerned that the posts were not as current as on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    First thing that stands out to me is the screen. I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus and to me this screen is much bigger and brighter. You don't realize how much extra space you get in apps and on the screen when you remove the on screen buttons.

Second thing, size and weight. Its VERY thin and light. Third, and most important for me, the volume. It seems to be twice as loud as the GNex.

So far, I'm in love.. One thing I don't like is the AT&T bloatware. This is the first Android phone I've purchased from a carrier and that junk has got to go. I just hid the apps for now. Eventually I'll root and remove.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    I read that Sprint's version has more bloatware.

Just got the phone today and so far I love it, especially with just how fluid the UI is, the web browsing, and the phone in general. My latest phone before the S3 was the Note, and while I loved the display size of the Note, I hated the lag; the S III has no such issue what-so-ever.

So far, aside from the processor, my favorite feature is the notification signal, as well as the no lag camera shooter. Though I'm sure once I start using the phone even more, I'll find many more additional features that will be a favorite of mine.

Cheers everyone and enjoy!

Default Got my white GS3 today. Initial impressions......

-The Pentile display appears to be a non-issue. It looks fantastic to my eyes.
    -I love the design, it is plastic of course but feels very premium to me me. Super thin.
    -It is fast as hell. Performance seems way more fluid than on my HOX.
    -TouchWiz still sucks but the Nature UX is actually kind of refreshing. Love the ripple effect on the lock screen. Tons of bells and whistles.
    -Battery life seems just OK (on HSPA+) Perhaps a little worse than the HOX.
    -The Samsung keyboard has taken a lot of tweaking to get it to work how I want it. I may just load Smart Kb Pro instead.

Default Re: Got my white GS3 today. Initial impressions......

Quote Originally Posted by ballison78 View Post
    -The Pentile display appears to be a non-issue. It looks fantastic to my eyes.
    -I love the design, it is plastic of course but feels very premium to me me. Super thin.
    -It is fast as hell. Performance seems way more fluid than on my HOX.
    -TouchWiz still sucks but the Nature UX is actually kind of refreshing. Love the ripple effect on the lock screen. Tons of bells and whistles.
    -Battery life seems just OK (on HSPA+) Perhaps a little worse than the HOX.
    -The Samsung keyboard has taken a lot of tweaking to get it to work how I want it. I may just load Smart Kb Pro instead.
    Disagree respectfully with the last three points. Sense is less geared toward UX whereas the TouchWiz has been improved and does need a little work but doesn't suck. Battery life at two hours of moderate use in AT&T "4G" non-LTE is at 95%. The virtual keyboard which I am still getting accustomed to being a RIM physical keyboard person is much better than the HOX and other Android phones that I have seen. I do however find myself using it in landscape mode alot. Trying to break myself of that.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: Post your first impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post

My only gripe.... the weird non-standard USB port on it.. I have like 20 mini usb cables for my cameras/psp/vita...helmet cameras...hard drives... the phone uses some strange one thats smaller than the standard ones. Guess I need to order about 4 spares now. thats my only gripe.
    I thought it was a standard Micro USB port for the charger. Can someone confirm or dispell that. I am hoping to not have to buy a pile of new chargers for this one.

It's the same as every phone I've had for the last two years. You will be fine. It's a micro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I was told that I could use the same micro USB charger that I used for my BB. I decided to order the Samsung GS3 AC and the car charger just because I like using OEM equipment. The issue I believe revolves around the HDMI cable that Samsung says that the pin configuration has changed.

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Can you guys post speed test of the HSPA+. I live in an Area that'll be years before we get LTE and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I can expect. Thanks.

Some lag throughout the home screens after waking the device and keyboard lag.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Can you guys post speed test of the HSPA+. I live in an Area that'll be years before we get LTE and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I can expect. Thanks.
    The phone kicks *** in every way period. Go buy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews-uploadfromtaptalk1340584181721.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    See the thread I created earlier for this:

Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds

I pulled in about 10mps today at the movies. But where I live I'm at 2.5mps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    See the thread I created earlier for this:

Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds
    Thanks, I stumbled upon that one after my post. I hope more folks post their results. I'm still on Sprint waiting for the phone to be available on AT&T locally. I have to go through Best Buy Mobile since I'm using their buy back program to unload my beloved Galaxy SII Epic 4 G Tou.. good god that name is long.

For starters, I went from iPhone 3Gs to Droid X to iPhone4s to GS III. I am a fan of both platforms and a critic of both.

Some of the cons on the GS III

1. In florescent lighting the Pebble Blue does indeed have a purplish hue. Not enough to make me question my orientation but it's there. In natural light it's a gorgeous slate blue/gray.

2. As many reviews and others have pointed out, the screen is quite dim and needs to be turned all the way up to be usable, creating a potential battery issue. Even at 3/4 brightness, some apps are still far too dim to be usable. Hopefully Samsung can correct this via update. Otherwise the screen is gorgeous.

3. Compared to the Droid X and iPhone4s, it does feel quite plasticky and not premium. For a plastic phone though, it's pretty solid.

4. The feature that allows the phone to stay on if it detects your eyes is fairly worthless. Only seems to work in certain apps and with lots of light.

5. So far, unimpressed with picture quality on indoor/low light situations. Haven't tried tweaking settings yet.

That's all the bad so far and no real deal killers when considering all the virtues.

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    For starters, I went from iPhone 3Gs to Droid X to iPhone4s to GS III. I am a fan of both platforms and a critic of both.

Some of the cons on the GS III

1. In florescent lighting the Pebble Blue does indeed have a purplish hue. Not enough to make me question my orientation but it's there. In natural light it's a gorgeous slate blue/gray.

2. As many reviews and others have pointed out, the screen is quite dim and needs to be turned all the way up to be usable, creating a potential battery issue. Even at 3/4 brightness, some apps are still far too dim to be usable. Hopefully Samsung can correct this via update. Otherwise the screen is gorgeous.

3. Compared to the Droid X and iPhone4s, it does feel quite plasticky and not premium. For a plastic phone though, it's pretty solid.

4. The feature that allows the phone to stay on if it detects your eyes is fairly worthless. Only seems to work in certain apps and with lots of light.

5. So far, unimpressed with picture quality on indoor/low light situations. Haven't tried tweaking settings yet.

That's all the bad so far and no real deal killers when considering all the virtues.
    Read your "Cons"... what about the choice...which would you now pick knowing what you do? The HOX or S3?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Read your "Cons"... what about the choice...which would you now pick knowing what you do? The HOX or S3?
    Never had the HOX so can't say for sure but after research I felt the GS 3 was the more compelling device with better battery life(#1 for me), better UI(personal preference), more expandability etc.

Very thin and sleek. It's a sexy looking device and it fits perfectly in my hand. I've owned a bunch of android phones and this one (And the Gnex) have the perfect fit for my hand. Screen is beautiful, phone feels fast with no slowdowns. The added value of the micro SD card is brilliant. As some others have reported, this thing is slippery. I've almost dropped it on my face a few times while laying with it in bed. Can't wait for my case to show up :P

Coming from an iphone 4s..this is a huge change for me..my first Droid device was a G1..so its been a while..Im loving the phone so far..except that my battery life is lacking...im not seeing the numbers that some other people are seeing..maybe its because the signal at my job is terrible..im not sure...but here are my stats...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews-1.jpg   AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews-2.jpg  
    katies likes this.

just got my s3 pebble blue it looks like the screen capture using buttons or swipe is not working and the holding hand over to pause music is not working either. is there something i am doing wrong or is it a phone problem. also the notification bar will not come down when on the lock screen and its just swipe to unlock. please help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast