Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: S III Battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by sburggsx View Post
    I've been disturbed by how fast the battery is dropping so far, but I have a feeling that has to do with the fact I haven't let the screen go blank since I picked it up this morning.
    This is usually what happens to me. With my iPhones I always let them be, never picked them up except for texting and phone calls. Now with the S3 I can't put it down, I keep finding new things, widgets, everything... can't... put... it... down...!

Of course when I have put it down the JB update seems to have given me more battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I've been getting 19 and 20 hours with 5-6 hours of screen time. I disabled some of the bloatware and have my screen turned down to less than 50%
    Do you have a quick list of bloatware you have disabled? I have disabled some but not getting 19 hrs of use. I used a post I found here back in August as a guide but am curious as to what else I could disable without screwing things up

look at your battery usage, disabling bloatware will only improve battery life if it is consuming it. and most of it doesnt...easiest way to improve battery life is to;
    disble wifi and bluetooth unless it is being used.
    turn screen on auto brightness,
    minimize widgets, some our more power hungry than others
    minimize applications, if you dont use it dont download it.
    change email from push to 15 min - every hour, depending on how important they are
    keep volumes low - med, unless necessary
    regularly close apps that are multi tasking
    disable apps runnning in background you dont need, specifically bloatware

those are just some simple tweeks that will improve battery life if needed... my wifes phone gets 3x the battery life as mine because for starters she doesnt play with it as much, and secondly she doesnt have nearly as many apps and widgets as i do...
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    Do you have a quick list of bloatware you have disabled? I have disabled some but not getting 19 hrs of use. I used a post I found here back in August as a guide but am curious as to what else I could disable without screwing things up
    There are so many..and most of it was "running" in the running apps screen.

What you can do is go to apps and all and then click on it and click "disable" and things that you can't uninstall, like Google +, which I don't use. First you choose "remove updates" and then after that open it again and the "disable" function will be there. I just went through and picked the things I just do not use. The email app is one I can't disable and it is constantly running. I don't even use it but rather the gmail app.

Since things are getting back to normal again after the JB update, I've now decided to check my battery time and this is what I'm getting right now. I'm testing "Easy Battery Saver" to see if it makes a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-12-07-17-19-53.png  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #456  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

I will say this:
    1. Apps that I don't use are disabled.
    2. Screen brightness is rather low
    3. The only widget I use is the default weather and time one. And sometimes I even remove that
    4. For Twitter, I have notifications set to ten minutes, and lately it hasn't been 'very' active with notifications

I believe this is why I get the battery life that I do

I run beautiful widgets all the time and have the default weather widget disabled. My screen is down to about 40-45%, it is under 50.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #458  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

Here we go.

Just over two hours of screen use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355010067770.jpg  

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    look at your battery usage, disabling bloatware will only improve battery life if it is consuming it. and most of it doesnt...easiest way to improve battery life is to;
    disble wifi and bluetooth unless it is being used.
    turn screen on auto brightness. . . ? ? ?
    minimize widgets, some our more power hungry than others
    minimize applications, if you dont use it dont download it.
    change email from push to 15 min - every hour, depending on how important they are
    keep volumes low - med, unless necessary
    regularly close apps that are multi tasking
    disable apps runnning in background you dont need, specifically bloatware
    Are you sure about the 'auto brightness' actually 'improving battery life'? I think I read somewhere either here or over on xda a while back that the 'auto brightness' setting was NOT GOOD for battery life, and that it drew on the battery more than keeping the brightness slider down towards the low end.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    There's also this Samsung Galaxy S3 - Applications safe to remove list, from the xda developers forum.
    Thanked by:
    rong21 

I don't use auto brightness, just keep my screen down about 40-45%, which is just a guess, by looking at the slider.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #462  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

Default S III Battery life...

Since Wednesday, I think that's when I installed Jelly Bean, the battery life has been fine.

Yesterday evening I installed Twitter. I was using Plume, but got tired of the slow notifications (i.e. every ten minutes), and my battery went from 98% to 17% in five hours!

As you can imagine I'm not impressed. And to think I was asleep and NO apps were running when I put the device down. I'm certainly not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Now that you have your Samsung Galaxy S3 device, share your battery use...

Have you noticed great, good or just okay battery life?

Post images, too

Mine (AT&T) has just been charged to 100%, so I guess we'll see how well it does tomorrow...
    Much less than ok...pretty terrible actually any suggestions?

Yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355065604586.jpg   S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355065614585.jpg  
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #465  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

Hmm weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355088490090.jpg  

If there have been any signal issues in your area that you haven't noticed and the signal has been bad, that will make your battery drain fast.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #467  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

If there have been any signal issues in your area that you haven't noticed and the signal has been bad, that will make your battery drain fast.
    Good point. I did turn my WIFI off last night. Typically this is not something that I do, but I was testing my U-Verse WIFI DVR unit in the living room. Thanks.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #468  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

Weird. I woke up to a dead battery device.
    A few days ago I did put that clock\weather widget on my home screen. I wonder if that's what killing my battery and not Jelly Bean?

I've removed it for now. Let's see how it performs today.

after JB my battery was bad awful! so something wasnt getting along with the update... so i charged to 100% and did a factory data reset... which wasnt to bad installing all my apps again. and now i am rocking some awesome battery life. a ful day of heavy use and still some to spare.
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Nuff Said...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355161118741.jpg  
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

Ya boii quick lil charge in there to make up for dead trigger... over five hrs of screen on time...

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Weird. I woke up to a dead battery device.
    A few days ago I did put that clock\weather widget on my home screen. I wonder if that's what killing my battery and not Jelly Bean?

I've removed it for now. Let's see how it performs today.
    The stock one or another? I use Beautiful Widgets clock and weather and I still get good battery.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #473  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,158 Global Posts

Default S III Battery life...

The stock one. My battery is so much better today, 8hrs 53 thus far and I'm at 73%. Albeit only 58 minutes screen time. Still much better than yesterday evening.

The stock one or another? I use Beautiful Widgets clock and weather and I still get good battery.

The stock one. My battery is so much better today, 8hrs 53 thus far and I'm at 73%. Albeit only 58 minutes screen time. Still much better than yesterday evening.
    You might want to try BW, I get 19-20 hrs of battery time with normal use and use that all the time.

Looks like the consensus is factory reset then update is the way to go.... Guess I'll give it a try this weekend my battery life has improved but still not great....
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast