Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: S III Battery life...

Well, I'm really disappointed with battery life after day one, but it's not really the SG3's fault. Because of the poor ATT signal at my house, it's eating the a battery

I really want off of Verizon, because my signal at work with them is pathetic (ATT is good there). But since my ATT signal is awful at home, I'm going to eat thru battery at one or the other location it seems.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11284847/Bat...%20Day%201.png

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Rather weird, but I literally just took my device off the charger. It was at 100%, then I walk from upstairs to downstairs, it took me less than a minute.

Wait for it...

My battery is now 98%! Seriously, I've not done anything on the device yet.

I'll monitor it for now, and if it is still crap later today, I'll have to wipe and reload it. Odd though, no?
    I'm not entirely sure about the SGS3 but all of my Android phones in the past charged like this:

The battery reaches 100% and the charging switches off. Once it drops to a certain percentage it comes back on and the cycle repeats. So, if you're charging overnight, depending on what point of that cycle you unplug the phone it's not unusual to see it drop a few points right off the bat.

So, it's probably nothing to worry about.

My battery life has been excellent but I'm noticing that cell standby is around 50%-60%. Anyone else experiencing this?

First charge cycle netted me 20 hours 2 minutes with 4 hours 19 minutes screen on time. I'll easily get through a whole day because I've been on this thing nonstop.

Phones never fully charge. It probably only charged 98% unplug once done and replug and It should charge a little more

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
    Rancid88 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,239 Global Posts

1 hour 24 minutes screen time...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1340565780313.jpg  
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 06-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.

This was from 3:30 yesterday afternoon until this morning. Not sure what to make of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-24-10-26-06.jpg  

It's definitely better then my skyrocket. Haven't used it in my normal day routine tho so ill see then.
    And seems to charge quicker also.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I i have cycled my battery twice, i received the phone Saturday the 23rd , so today is my first day from a the full charges....

used navigation for an hour , screen is on brightest level -- light - somewhat moderate usage (more light IMO)

7h 51m its at 31%
    ~Jae~
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,239 Global Posts

That is actually pretty good. I bet if you changed the screen brightness to arond 45-50% you'd get even much better times...

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    I i have cycled my battery twice, i received the phone Saturday the 23rd , so today is my first day from a the full charges....

used navigation for an hour , screen is on brightest level -- light - somewhat moderate usage (more light IMO)

7h 51m its at 31%
    Thanked by:
    LadiJae likes this.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

heres my screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-24-21-57-32.jpg  
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Tomorrow will be the real test day at work, as i'll be on twitter and Facebook, and it'll drain more battery.......
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    That is actually pretty good. I bet if you changed the screen brightness to arond 45-50% you'd get even much better times...

I love having my phone brightness high....but i will try with 50% and 100% brightness the next two days and see what i get.....
    ~Jae~

So heres my Screenshot. Got it Saturday..So sunday morning I take it off the charger and im doing various things..loading apps..messaging trying to get used to andriod again (been on ios for 3 years).heres my screenshot..not too bad coming from an iPhone 4s but nowhere near where some of you guys have reached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-24-19-39-41.jpg  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Yesterday I used the phone nonstop for about an hour watching videos and browsing the web, and then went out for about two hours on a run with it in my backpack running google music (playing music from my SD card, not streaming) and a pedometer app on and constantly tracking my steps and distance. I was able to get home and use the phone with normal usage for another 8 hours without hitting low battery. Ill know better today since im in the office all day. I was in a non-LTE area yesterday and will be again today.

For people posting screenshots, can you post both the overall and the screen on time? That would be more helpful than just having a percentage for the screen on. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Unhappy Re: S III Battery life...

I seriously hope my battery isnt defective any help here would be possible.here are my stats..Got the phone saturday, so this is only my second charge cycle..maybe its because the signal at my job isnt that great..and even the wifi here is ehh...any help would be GREAT..thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-1.jpg   S III Battery life...-2.jpg  

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

How do you post a screenshot from the phone on to this page? It's showing mobile version of website

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Nevermind previous post
    ~Jae~

Although today's my first full day with the phone I can tell already that the battery life is pretty good. I'm at 55% after being unplugged for 6-1/2 hours and HEAVY use... ya know, that new phone heavy use when you can't put it down. Lol. So far so good.

-Showking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I pulled my phone off the charger at 5AM yesterday (Sunday). It is now noon on Monday and I still have about 40% juice left. I'd say this is pretty good. Medium usage.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I was trying to post a screen shot, but its not working...

7 hrs 29m ---> 7%

I guess moderate-heavy use.....(more moderate IMO) screen brightness 50%
    ~Jae~

I'm at 25% battery life and am at 1d 4h 6m 33s.

This is with gmail, exchange(getting tons of emails a day), some flipboard/currents, some web browsing, texts.. great battery life.

Last edited by sniffs; 06-25-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    I'm at 25% battery life and am at 1d 4h 6m 33s.

This is with gmail, exchange(getting tons of emails a day), some flipboard/currents, some web browsing, texts.. great battery life.

Click to view quoted image

really???? mines will never get that, what in the world are your settings on?????
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    really???? mines will never get that, what in the world are your settings on?????
    It's not his settings. Notice in the screenshot he posted that his screen is only at 17%. He is just a very light user. If he posted his screen info you would most likely see that it was on for no more than an hour or two.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast