Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: S III Battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by bogdaryl View Post
    Looks like the consensus is factory reset then update is the way to go.... Guess I'll give it a try this weekend my battery life has improved but still not great....
    And factory reset AFTER the update.

I am not sure how mine is. I have gotten about half a day with moderate use. I have attached a link to the Picasa album. I would love some feedback. P. S. I had power saver on most of the time.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/113715886170481618506/121012?authuser=0&feat=directlink[/URL]

That looks pretty bad to me..I generally get about 18-19 hours with 5-6 hours of screen time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #479  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,490 Global Posts

For the last 24 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355229510917.jpg  

This is after doing factory reset?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #481  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,490 Global Posts

Actually no, I've not bothered to perform a reset as of yet, since it has performed okay thus far. But, if it hiccups again, I will

Quote Originally Posted by bogdaryl View Post
    This is after doing factory reset?

my battery life is good, but not that good... i can get a full day of heavy use, but after that it is pretty much time to charge.
    i use my phone a lot though, im guessing you're a light - moderate user.
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #483  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,490 Global Posts

I am a light user. Typically since I'm at my desk and thus on my computer, I perform all social media stuff via the computer, versus using my device.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    my battery life is good, but not that good... i can get a full day of heavy use, but after that it is pretty much time to charge.
    i use my phone a lot though, im guessing you're a light - moderate user.

Wow! Are you a light user? I am somewhat heavy. I am at 40 percent at 1PM light to moderate use. I took it off the charger about 8:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    That looks pretty bad to me..I generally get about 18-19 hours with 5-6 hours of screen time.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Are you a light user? I am somewhat heavy. I am at 40 percent at 1PM light to moderate use. I took it off the charger about 8:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lane L View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No, 5-6 hours of screen time is not lite use at all.

Duh.... Sorry. How do you manage to get those times? What brightness and other settings do you use?

I have power saving mode on and I have my screen at less than 50%, probably about 40-45. I don't use the automatic brightness. I've always liked a brighter screen and when I got this phone, I just turned it down to about 75% only took a few hours to get used to and just kept turning it down.

One thing that can really affect battery life, if you are in a place all day that doesn't have a great signal. Also I keep wifi, bluetooth, GPS etc off and only turn them on if I need them at the moment.

This is my most recent, didn't screenshot the screen time, but it was right under 6 hours if I remember correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-12-08-21-03-50.png  

Okay I usually use power saver. And I keep GPS and WIFI on. But my signal is not great about 2 out of 5 bats.

Okay I usually use power saver. And I keep GPS and WIFI on. But my signal is not great about 2 out of 5 bats.
    Turning off GPS and wifi should make a big difference.

I use the Wifi at my house. So i just need to remember to turn it off when I leave.

I use the Wifi at my house. So i just need to remember to turn it off when I leave.
    Might want to download AT&T's Smart Wifi, it can record places for you and I think you can set it to basically have the wifi off when you aren't in range of a saved spot.

Hmmm.. Wouldn't that need GPS? I made a trip this afternoon and dropped from 90% to 40ish. But I used navigation, radio, and a few other apps. Half of this was with power saver off... Maybe I am just a heavy user. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset. So far I have "Survived" with my current battery life. But I do a few outdoor activities where a charger is not going to be around. So I want to make sure I am getting the most out of what I've got. P.S. Thanks for all the great advice so far. Sorry for any mistakes. I am a new user here. Also, the last part of the history is when my phone was charging in the car for about 45 minutes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1137158...eat=directlink

Don't know how the smart wifi works, but don't think you need GPS. It's a free app, so you should try it and see how it works for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.attsmartwifi

Okay, thank you for your help.

See if that works, but if it doesn't, turning off wifi and gps except when you use it saves a lot of battery.

Was on 100% as of about 7am.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355341428428.jpg  

Looks about like mine.

My battery life has been terrible. What is this 'Media'? It's always sucking up most of my battery. I rarely use media apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1355401574804.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mark1123 View Post
    My battery life has been terrible. What is this 'Media'? It's always sucking up most of my battery. I rarely use media apps.
    It looks like it may be a bug in JB. I'm having the same problem and I found several bug reports filed that describe the problem:

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=37199