Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: S III Battery life...

My battery life has been bad since jb. Like it was when I first got my sg3. I'm below 20% in the evenings when I was averaging in the 30's.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy S3

I disabled Google Now and by battery life is back to normal.
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by carlt828 View Post
    I disabled Google Now and by battery life is back to normal.
    The minute GN showed up, I shut it all down. Serves no purpose for me and it's an obvious battery killer.

Google Now is not a battery killer. I have it and this is my battery and this is my new battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-12-21-04-11-31.png  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

my battery life isnt too bad, but I dont understand why my maps app is taking so much use. I dont even have the app opened and dont even remember when I didS III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-12-23-00-09-05.png

Quote Originally Posted by pcdebb View Post
    my battery life isnt too bad, but I dont understand why my maps app is taking so much use. I dont even have the app opened and dont even remember when I didClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-12-23-00-09-05.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	54094
    Think there is a problem with it. I went to App Manager, All, uninstalled updates and think I disabled it after that. I'm still getting over 24 hours with each battery charge and I USE my phone,

Battery life is phenomenal. Running JB. I'm on my phone constantly. Facebook YouTube Pandora. Twitter. Battery life is better after I disabled AT&T's garbage apps.

Edit: I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. Tapatalk won't let me upload ATM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Captian4Phones View Post
    Battery life is phenomenal. Running JB. I'm on my phone constantly. Facebook YouTube Pandora. Twitter. Battery life is better after I disabled AT&T's garbage apps.

Edit: I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. Tapatalk won't let me upload ATM.

Tapatalk never lets me upload.

This is the picture I took last night before bed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1356534544217.jpg  

Last week, how to geek ran a short piece on pixels in amoled screens and battery life.

Bottom line: black on amoled screens don't illuminate pixels and therefore don't use any battery juice. White or any other color does illuminate pixels and, hence, uses up battery power.

I tried it. Unfortunately, it works. Switching from my gorgeous and grey monochrome wallpaper back to a black background has returned my battery to its previously long-lived self. No, I didn't use a meter, so no screenshots, but try it yourself and see what happens.

I say unfortunately because I love visually arresting home screens. At least now, I can make an informed choice.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.1.
    Last edited by sfrrr; 12-29-2012 at 10:44 AM.

This is always my wallpaper and I'm about 18 hours, moderate to heavy use,lots of screen on time, 4-6 hours.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1356806655369.jpg  

Strangely enough though, the screen still lights up a little bit when it is on a black screen. But so little so, that I can only notice it if I am in a very dark room. I wonder why this is.

Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    Last week, how to geek ran a short piece on pixels in amoled screens and battery life.

Bottom line: black on amoled screens don't illuminate pixels and therefore don't use any battery juice. White or any other color does illuminate pixels and, hence, uses up battery power.

I tried it. Unfortunately, it works. Switching from my gorgeous and grey monochrome wallpaper back to a black background has returned my battery to its previously long-lived self. No, I didn't use a meter, so no screenshots, but try it yourself and see what happens.

I say unfortunately because I love visually arresting home screens. At least now, I can make an informed choice.

I never noticed that, but I'll experiment tonight.

My battery life earlier.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1359708486701.jpg  

Hey gang. My Android Systems has been equal or more to my screen time 20% or greater. I think that is eating my battery. Can anyone explain or help me?

My Nexus 7s android system remains below 10% constantly.

I mostly use my phones calendar, ever note, a to do app, Gmail, touchdown, that's about it during the day...

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi217 View Post
    Hey gang. My Android Systems has been equal or more to my screen time 20% or greater. I think that is eating my battery. Can anyone explain or help me?

My Nexus 7s android system remains below 10% constantly.

I mostly use my phones calendar, ever note, a to do app, Gmail, touchdown, that's about it during the day...

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    If you had a Falcons logo as an avatar, I would help you. Lol. J/k. Try using "Better Battery Stats". Its the best app I have found for figuring out my battery problems.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Pretty good battery life here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1360283465951.jpg   S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1360283481071.jpg  

screen on time? or just standy by?
    Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    I i have cycled my battery twice, i received the phone Saturday the 23rd , so today is my first day from a the full charges....

used navigation for an hour , screen is on brightest level -- light - somewhat moderate usage (more light IMO)

7h 51m its at 31%

can you post the screen on time, just hour didn't mean anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtech5 View Post
    I cycled my battery right when I bought it and haven't had any problems with battery life. This is with pretty heavy LTE use.

Does anyone know know what the different colors of the bar graph mobile network signal represent? I figure that green means that the signal is full, but there's a beige and olive color. Does the beige and olive indicate a lower strength? I'm working on battery plummeting issues. Even when I turn off wifi and data, the battery drains rapidly, which is corrected by a soft reset. I'm trying to determine if this is a 4GLTE issue.

I have a new battery sent by AT&T, and for 2 out of 3 days that I've been using it, the battery drain issue hasn't occurred like the original one that came with the phone. I'm still trying to pin down the problem.

I've had a number of issues with battery periodically including:

- Charging to 100% overnight only to unplug and have the battery life drop to 60% within five minutes on standby. I drove out and the battery tanked out to 2% that same day.

- Today, used Pandora from 100% and it dropped to 40% in 35 minutes.

I have JuiceDefender, MobileCare to kill apps by the hour, running on WiFi when at home...and sometimes still get drain or phone feels hot. I have AT&T with 4.1.1. Right now it is off and charging. I will take my microSD card out and see how it goes because I've also had Media sucking up much battery use rates too.

Quote Originally Posted by EJM1985 View Post
    I've had a number of issues with battery periodically including:

- Charging to 100% overnight only to unplug and have the battery life drop to 60% within five minutes on standby. I drove out and the battery tanked out to 2% that same day.

- Today, used Pandora from 100% and it dropped to 40% in 35 minutes.

I have JuiceDefender, MobileCare to kill apps by the hour, running on WiFi when at home...and sometimes still get drain or phone feels hot. I have AT&T with 4.1.1. Right now it is off and charging. I will take my microSD card out and see how it goes because I've also had Media sucking up much battery use rates too.
    I would try a factory reset and see what that does for you.
    I'm running JD and mobile care on AT&T with 4.1 and get about 24-26 hours with moderate-heavy use.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Did the factory reset and LOST ALL MY PICS AND MUSIC (not bad since Google Plus instant upload has all my pics, in addition to Facebook, Photobucket, etc.; music was on my laptop originally.... so yeah, no loss LOL).

Got Juice Defender and Mobile Care running... ran on battery with fair to heavy use for 14 hours. Phone has never felt cooler to the touch too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EJM1985 View Post
    Did the factory reset and LOST ALL MY PICS AND MUSIC (not bad since Google Plus instant upload has all my pics, in addition to Facebook, Photobucket, etc.; music was on my laptop originally.... so yeah, no loss LOL).

Got Juice Defender and Mobile Care running... ran on battery with fair to heavy use for 14 hours. Phone has never felt cooler to the touch too. Thanks.
    Just for future reference, you can back your phone up to Kies and do the factory reset and then restore your phone with Kies and it will bring back pics, texts, even your call log.

Sent from September 25 1985

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Reemus View Post
    Just for future reference, you can back your phone up to Kies and do the factory reset and then restore your phone with Kies and it will bring back pics, texts, even your call log.

Sent from September 25 1985
    Also check out Carbon backup. Root is not required. Very awesome app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast