03-14-2013 02:23 PM
- That's great! Except losing pictures. You said you use a task killer, I recommend doing a Google search "Do I need a task killer?". The way Android works, you shouldn't need one unless you have a misbehaving app. Check it out for yourself.
On a side note I think I will be doing a factory reset. My phone has the notorious "Media" bug. Along with reformatting my SD card. Good Luck!Did the factory reset and LOST ALL MY PICS AND MUSIC (not bad since Google Plus instant upload has all my pics, in addition to Facebook, Photobucket, etc.; music was on my laptop originally.... so yeah, no loss LOL).
Got Juice Defender and Mobile Care running... ran on battery with fair to heavy use for 14 hours. Phone has never felt cooler to the touch too. Thanks.02-11-2013 11:45 AM
- New S3 user here, I've had my phone a little over a week - I have not yet allowed the battery to drain all the way and shut off the phone, I've been charging it when it gets down to 15% or so - is it important that I allow the phone to drain to shutoff at least once? I can easily do that if it is an important thing. My battery life has been pretty good so far, I'm vigilant about clearing out stuff in the task manager so it won't hang around. That's something I miss about my Blackberry, I could always Close or Exit applications when I was done. Now, I have to go back to the home screen and then clear them out.02-14-2013 07:47 AM
- This us going to be a very quick answer because the question has been asked and snswered so many times. It's not good to run down your battery. New modern batteries don't like to be conditioned.
And you don't need to manually close down apps. Latin the operating system manage your memory for you.
Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.02-14-2013 01:42 PM
- 02-14-2013 02:08 PM
- green wifi olive data lte&4gDoes anyone know know what the different colors of the bar graph mobile network signal represent? I figure that green means that the signal is full, but there's a beige and olive color. Does the beige and olive indicate a lower strength? I'm working on battery plummeting issues. Even when I turn off wifi and data, the battery drains rapidly, which is corrected by a soft reset. I'm trying to determine if this is a 4GLTE issue.
I have a new battery sent by AT&T, and for 2 out of 3 days that I've been using it, the battery drain issue hasn't occurred like the original one that came with the phone. I'm still trying to pin down the problem.02-25-2013 08:04 AM
- After jb update, sound settings are nonexistent. After doing a factory reset, problem still occurs. This is the prompt after going into settings->sound->device ringtone "Unfortunately, settings has stopped". Same message occurs after selecting default notification ringtone. Any thoughts????03-05-2013 08:23 PM
- 03-07-2013 01:25 PM
- I really don't know what to tell you. Among my sources of information were some battery manufacturers. To a man-- and, yes, they were all men --they said that conditioning, and running your battery down, etc, were all old wives tales.
Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.03-07-2013 02:45 PM
Sent via Tapatalk03-07-2013 04:57 PM
- @edge. Check and see if you have an update to Allshare Cast. My wife's phone did exactly as you are seeing. I went looking for an app that was not letting her phone sleep. Under Battery stats, when you selected the OS, Allshare was near the top. Not sure if that means anything. Anyway I went to her Apps and selected Allshare. Immediately it said an update was available. I selected OK, it applied the update and went back to the app drawer or the home screen. Cannot remember now. I restarted the phone and her battery life is now back to normal. I think this app is doing something in the background due to it having an update, but you do I not get any notification of such. The update is also not done through the Play Store. I remembered afterwords that my Note 2 had an update for this app after its update to 4.1.2.
Hope this helps.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums03-14-2013 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD