Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: S III Battery life...

I leave the default brightness on, gmail/exchange are on push, i don't have gps turned on.. the power saving feature is off also.. dunno why I'm getting over 1D lol..

I also used google voice a bunch today.. received 32 texts from there and sent a bunch.

Dunno..

EDIT: Screen on for 1 hour 27 minutes..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

I agree that the screen on time should be part of the reporting, because even with my CDMA galaxy nexus I have pushed almost 28hrs with nearly no usage, where when i actually use it I'm lucky to get 3 hrs screen on time which is what is more important really.
    hallomynameis_ likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,244 Global Posts

1:48 screen time today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1340673873663.jpg  

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

This is mine from earlier, i've had to charge it since then of course......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-25-15-03-38.jpg  
    ~Jae~

today again moderate use.

about 15% battery left...

AT&T SIII, sunny FL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1340678370730.jpg  

Not too bad. Second charge cycle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-25-23-26-38.jpg   S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-25-23-26-50.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    I i have cycled my battery twice, i received the phone Saturday the 23rd , so today is my first day from a the full charges....

used navigation for an hour , screen is on brightest level -- light - somewhat moderate usage (more light IMO)

7h 51m its at 31%
    Yeah, take your brightness to about 40%. It might seem dark at first, but you will get used to it and won't notice after a few hours. I think 7h 51min is okay with 100% brightness.

I was trying to post a screen shot, but its not working...

7 hrs 29m ---> 7%

I guess moderate-heavy use.....(more moderate IMO) screen brightness 50%
    What's your "screen on" time. Just tap on "Screen" while checking battery stats. For me I never get more than 3 hr - 4 hr 30 min on any android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    I'm at 25% battery life and am at 1d 4h 6m 33s.

This is with gmail, exchange(getting tons of emails a day), some flipboard/currents, some web browsing, texts.. great battery life.

Click to view quoted image
    Post your brightness and screen on time.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by convict2324 View Post
    I agree that the screen on time should be part of the reporting, because even with my CDMA galaxy nexus I have pushed almost 28hrs with nearly no usage, where when i actually use it I'm lucky to get 3 hrs screen on time which is what is more important really.
    This is so true. I had the GNex also and it was horrible when the screen was on.

This is what I am getting.S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1340704662499.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CaneToad View Post
    This is what I am getting.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1340704662499.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	28776

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    What's your screen time?

i heard things about problems with battery life on the white phones. are the ones who are having problems have a white phone

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwoms167 View Post
    i heard things about problems with battery life on the white phones. are the ones who are having problems have a white phone
    Where in the world did you hear this? I'd like to see a link, because I think you just made that up. How would the color of the phone change its battery use?
    JeniferF likes this.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Today so far
    58% 3h 38m
    Screen on 1h 28m

Quote Originally Posted by cwoms167 View Post
    I have a white SGIII and I got over 1d as indicated in my post.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Today so far
    58% 3h 38m
    Screen on 1h 28m
    How heavy of a user are you? I text A lot.and the signal at my job is weak...which leads to terrible battery life..

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I've been doing quite a bit of internet usage and get lots of friend caster for Facebook notifications, a few emails and text this morning

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

End of the work day.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-26-17-02-13.jpg   S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-26-17-02-22.jpg  
    ~Jae~

Pretty standard work day. Could never have done this without 2 or 3 recharges with my EVO3D...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,244 Global Posts

This is how I'm rolling...

Only 1 hour 32 minutes screen time. Some of us had to work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-uploadfromtaptalk1340752358691.jpg  
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 06-26-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    LadiJae likes this.

Third charge cycle. About an hour of phone calls and a lot of texting, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-27-01-38-06.jpg   S III Battery life...-screenshot_2012-06-27-01-37-57.jpg  

How are you guys getting such awesome battery life, im convinced mine is flawed..

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Maybe you use the phone much more than they do. An hour of screen time in a day is really not much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

For my third charge cycle, those stats I posted are really impressive. I should be seeing gains in the next two cycles as well, but even if that's the best I'll get, that's extremely good. I don't typically spend 3 hours of on screen time on my phone, but I've been really pushing the battery and it's not wilting. My average usage would probably be half of that, leading me to believe that I'll probably be going to bed with anywhere between 20-40% battery life still available. For a 4.8 inch screen, you can't go wrong with that at all.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast